Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, anyone in the UK venturing to the 2009 Dragon Rally?. I have sent for my tickets and am waiting now for the Postman to deliver them.
For anyone who does not know what the Dragon Rally is it is a rally for hardened [insane] bikers. It is held in the Welsh mountains in early February, the coldest and wettest time of the year. This is to deter 'Sunny' weather bikers who only venture out in nice weather. It began in 1962 and is Britains oldest rally.
It is usually either snowing, pouring with rain or hurricane winds. It is an endurance to get there in one piece. You pitch your tent, talk to other bikers there [often from other countries] drink lots of beer/whisky [to subdue the cold], listen to the band, then try and get some sleep [if the wind does not blow the tent away]. Next morning it is usually minus something, and if you are lucky, no snow. The ride home is just dreaming of being warm again.
If anyone is going it would be great to meet up. I am going on the T100 with a mate of mine who has a 1976 Honda 360 G5.
UK Daveski

·
30,296 Posts
I always wanted to go to that! Missed opportunities! No good! :(

I'll put this in Bikers Hang Out - much wider audience to see it there! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm going this year with some mates from dublin
I'm taking my 1968 tiger 650 and old belstaff of course

·
Registered