Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2017 Bonneville T120 Black
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Looks good. Think how long you would keep it for and the mileage you will be adding onto the bike. What will it be worth then when you want to sell it?
I don't think to sell it so soon if i take it.. I have another bike and using both bikes i will make not so many mileage on it. Every year i make about 7000 miles with my bike

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
And if i take both my lady will catch me out of house
Scusi, do you live in Italy? I know this is a Triumph forum, but why are you hung up on Triumph?

Ducati? Aprilia? Moto Guzzi? Laverda? MV Agusta?

You must have access to bikes we can only dream about!

BTW, we have a word for guys who care about what their wives say....

it's called 'Whipped'.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Hi everybody. Next year i wanna buy another bike but don't know which one..
Same Km(Miles), same price, same year..
1.Triumph Scrambler 900
2.Triumph Thruxton 900
Please, help me..
Thank you

1.Triumph Scrambler 900
2.Triumph Thruxton 900
Please, help me..
Thank you

1.Triumph Scrambler 900
2.Triumph Thruxton 900
Please, help me..
Thank you

If yo ride two-up, it’s the Scrambler. Hands down.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Scusi, do you live in Italy? I know this is a Triumph forum, but why are you hung up on Triumph?

Ducati? Aprilia? Moto Guzzi? Laverda? MV Agusta?

You must have access to bikes we can only dream about!

BTW, we have a word for guys who care about what their wives say....

it's called 'Whipped'.
It's just like somebody like ice-cream strawberry taste and someone ice-cream chocolate taste. So, if one live in Germany need to take only BMW and who live in USA need to take only HD or Indian?

And about what you said about a guys who care about what their wives say... just don't care.I just think that this is not your problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
OK, I see your point, but your country makes some excellent motorcycles. Many U.S. riders want a Ducati. I would never buy HD or Indian, but I do have an Aprilia Tuono and also a Caponord 1200. If you are riding 2-up, I would suggest the Moto Guzzi California 1400, or the Triumph Rocket.
I hope your wife really likes to ride, and is not riding just to make you happy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
OK, I see your point, but your country makes some excellent motorcycles. Many U.S. riders want a Ducati. I would never buy HD or Indian, but I do have an Aprilia Tuono and also a Caponord 1200. If you are riding 2-up, I would suggest the Moto Guzzi California 1400, or the Triumph Rocket.
I hope your wife really likes to ride, and is not riding just to make you happy.
Maybe you don't know how is Italian, French or Suisse roads. They are not so wide and straight like American roads, so, my point of wiew to having big bikes(like Indian Chief, HD Electra Glide, Road King, or Guzzi California or new MGX 21)is not indicate for the mountains and horrible italin traffic jam. Yes, you can use it but you need to make a lot of attention. I don't have passion for a big bikes i prefer medium bikes.
About my wife, she really likes to be on bike everywhere, 3 years ago we had motorcycle crash but she is still on it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Looking at those photos, would die to take my Thruxton on that run (hopefully not literally). Use my Thruxton for local runs and into the city. Much more than a couple of hundred miles and you may find a Thruxton getting uncomfortable. A Scrambler is a totally different animal, better suited to rougher terrain. Although Iike many SUV owners with off road capabilities, the owner may never feel the need to explore them. If you ride with a pillion, a T120 will serve you well. I regard these three as classic styled bikes, always guaranteeing to strike-up a conversation around town and wherever you may go. And always inviting discussions with some interesting people on you travels.

To state the obvious, you don't get that classic styling with a Tiger, but as I have read on this forum, everyone who owns one seems to love them too. So bottom line is, think about the application. You will find a Triumph that most likely will meet your needs, as the diversity of this forum suggests.

So back to my original comment...those amazing mountain twisties. How about buying two Thruxtons...one for you, one for your wife. Would have great fun challenging each other and building on your riding skills on the roads ahead. Ok, admit I am dreaming and just a bit biased.

Enjoy whatever you decide, and most importantly, ride safe, Thruxty!

Reactions: Tommy71k

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looking at those photos, would die to take my Thruxton on that run (hopefully not literally). Use my Thruxton for local runs and into the city. Much more than a couple of hundred miles and you may find a Thruxton getting uncomfortable. A Scrambler is a totally different animal, better suited to rougher terrain. Although Iike many SUV owners with off road capabilities, the owner may never feel the need to explore them. If you ride with a pillion, a T120 will serve you well. I regard these three as classic styled bikes, always guaranteeing to strike-up a conversation around town and wherever you may go. And always inviting discussions with some interesting people on you travels.

To state the obvious, you don't get that classic styling with a Tiger, but as I have read on this forum, everyone who owns one seems to love them too. So bottom line is, think about the application. You will find a Triumph that most likely will meet your needs, as the diversity of this forum suggests.

So back to my original comment...those amazing mountain twisties. How about buying two Thruxtons...one for you, one for your wife. Would have great fun challenging each other and building on your riding skills on the roads ahead. Ok, admit I am dreaming and just a bit biased.

Enjoy whatever you decide, and most importantly, ride safe, Thruxty!
My wife don't have motorcycle driving licence and she don't want to drove a bike but going everywhere on it. At last, i think, i will take the Tiger.. Thruxton and Scrambler are two beautiful bikes but my T120 gave me a lot of satisfaction.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife don't have motorcycle driving licence and she don't want to drove a bike but going everywhere on it. At last, i think, i will take the Tiger.. Thruxton and Scrambler are two beautiful bikes but my T120 gave me a lot of satisfaction.

I think that the Tiger is a good choice. A excellent balance between a T120 (which I regard as nearer to a cruiser in the way it goes) and full-on touring bike. I am lucky enough to own both.
When I bought the T120 I was also considering a BMW F750GS. If I could only have 1 bike it would be a BMW R1250R.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I think that the Tiger is a good choice. A excellent balance between a T120 (which I regard as nearer to a cruiser in the way it goes) and full-on touring bike. I am lucky enough to own both.
When I bought the T120 I was also considering a BMW F750GS. If I could only have 1 bike it would be a BMW R1250R.
Good choice but to expensive for me

21 - 31 of 31 Posts