Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a big dummy, part of the sleeve of my jacket came in contact with my hot pipe!, then as I was wiping off a dead bug part of the terry cloth touched it!, any advice on what or how to remove it? Thanks, ImageUploadedByMO Free1464629294.782967.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
935 Posts
I feel like a big dummy, part of the sleeve of my jacket came in contact with my hot pipe!, then as I was wiping off a dead bug part of the terry cloth touched it!, any advice on what or how to remove it? Thanks, View attachment 378945

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Not as much as a dummy I was when I slid off a BSA bantam that'd been stripped down for "bush bashing" and I grabbed it by the exhaust pipe! In my defense was I only 12 at the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The last time that happened I said to hell with it.
And it magically disappear after a while. When over cooked it must flake off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Easy off oven cleaner I have used several times. Start bike heat up pipes then spray on then used a plastic spatula I repeat plastic spatula to rub off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did the exact same thing and ruined my Jacket zipper. I used easy off oven cleaner, worked like a charm. Then some chrome polish.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Done a lot of those.

The copper penny / copper pad works, but I use a new razor blade now (carefully) for good results, then polish with the chrome polish & ball.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts