Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas,

Well I've been lurking on this forum a while now, off and on, drooling over bikes and the usual. My first bike was an old Honda budget project that I pseudo-cafe'd out, but that bike got creamed in an accident a few months ago (old lady pulled out of a parking lot directly in front of me and I got to fly over her hood...bike stayed behind). Sooooo...I bet you can guess what I'll be doing with the settlement money! :D

I've yet to ride a Thrux and I'd really like to ride one of the Duc SC1000's too, but I'm 80% set on the Thrux at this point. They both look amazing but the Duc seems like it might be a bit much for me...we'll see. My old Honda was fairly slow, so I think the Thrux will seem like a superbike in comparison. And since I'm 25 and notoriously reckless, I'm a bit wary of what I might get into on a bike like the SC1000, not to mention the considerable price difference, cost of maintenance, etc, etc...

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to joining the ranks soon and to many more posts.

EDIT: Just for kicks, here is a before/after of my '80 Honda CM400:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks cafe'd to me. Great job with the honda. :cool: May she/he RIP. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your Thrux. Welcome aboard.
Yeah, thanks man! I say "pseudo" since I was going for half cafe, half Mad-Max with it...

And that's another reason I am really leaning towards a Thrux, seems like a bike you can really customize/modify...not sure how much I'd be able or want to do with the Duc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's a nice little CM you have( had:( ) there . You'll like a Thrux. I too am a old Honda guy and have a Thrux. Love them both .
Awesome, nice looking Honda yourself! There is something quite charming about making cafes of the old lower cc Hondas...they really are neat little bikes. I miss mine dearly. But ever onward to the next project - Brit steel!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.