Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey fellas,

Well I've been lurking on this forum a while now, off and on, drooling over bikes and the usual. My first bike was an old Honda budget project that I pseudo-cafe'd out, but that bike got creamed in an accident a few months ago (old lady pulled out of a parking lot directly in front of me and I got to fly over her hood...bike stayed behind). Sooooo...I bet you can guess what I'll be doing with the settlement money! :D

I've yet to ride a Thrux and I'd really like to ride one of the Duc SC1000's too, but I'm 80% set on the Thrux at this point. They both look amazing but the Duc seems like it might be a bit much for me...we'll see. My old Honda was fairly slow, so I think the Thrux will seem like a superbike in comparison. And since I'm 25 and notoriously reckless, I'm a bit wary of what I might get into on a bike like the SC1000, not to mention the considerable price difference, cost of maintenance, etc, etc...

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to joining the ranks soon and to many more posts.

EDIT: Just for kicks, here is a before/after of my '80 Honda CM400:

·
Registered
118 Posts
"psuedo cafe'd"

That looks cafe'd to me. Great job with the honda. :cool: May she/he RIP. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your Thrux. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
That's a nice little CM you have( had:( ) there . You'll like a Thrux. I too am a old Honda guy and have a Thrux. Love them both .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks cafe'd to me. Great job with the honda. :cool: May she/he RIP. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your Thrux. Welcome aboard.
Yeah, thanks man! I say "pseudo" since I was going for half cafe, half Mad-Max with it...

And that's another reason I am really leaning towards a Thrux, seems like a bike you can really customize/modify...not sure how much I'd be able or want to do with the Duc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's a nice little CM you have( had:( ) there . You'll like a Thrux. I too am a old Honda guy and have a Thrux. Love them both .
Awesome, nice looking Honda yourself! There is something quite charming about making cafes of the old lower cc Hondas...they really are neat little bikes. I miss mine dearly. But ever onward to the next project - Brit steel!

·
Registered
260 Posts
you'll like the thrux,i love the look of the sc1000,but at the same time,theres something to yuppie yet uber nazi about it,or like the neo's in the parkin lot in the big lebowski would run off on one,,lol
i thought i was outgrowing my thrux,but after the basic upgrades finally,exhaust,box,ect..she has sure gotten me revved up again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts