Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Been researching exhausts on the forums here, and as much as I can appreciate youtube clips, I want to try and hear some of these in person.

Anyone in SoCal with Dominators (touring or sport) or Predators feel like a get together? :D

Miles

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just call up Matt at South Bay Triumph, who invented and manufactures both Dominator exhausts, drive up to the shop, and listen to them both . . . not too bad a drive from Costa Mesa.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just call up Matt at South Bay Triumph, who invented and manufactures both Dominator exhausts, drive up to the shop, and listen to them both . . . not too bad a drive from Costa Mesa.
Oh wow... Cool. I heard rumblings of South Bay but I didn't realize he was the creator of those. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Actually he has to call me for the Grand Tour" Bernie:rolleyes:
I may want that Grand Tour too! I'm still trying to figure out what exhaust I want. Problem I'm having is that the previous owner added slip-ons, I think they're 'StainTunes Classic Replica Slip-Ons' so they already sound decent...just not the look for my taste.

Are you able to hook up any sort of deals up there (can't hurt to ask right ;) )? I'd love your input/opinion, especially on topic of Dominator vs. Arrow exhaust. Which will give you the biggest performance boost, better sound, etc.? Also, I am thinking of going all matte black and I don't think Arrow offers anything in black... Do you guys offer any combo deal if the ceramic coated headers are purchased with new exhaust?

Thanks,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the TPUSA Power Pack, but I'm a little confused with South Bay Triumph vs. TPUSA. Are these places one and the same? Or do I go to South Bay Triumph and they sell and install the TPUSA kits? I also want to make sure I can get the software upload.

I plan on callin' South Bay tomorrow, but I figured I'd post up anyway.

Thanks in advance...

·
30,533 Posts
TPUSA is the performance branch of South Bay Triumph.

Basically one and the same, but call Carlos at TPUSA, he is THE man and will get you all hooked up, sorted and make you happy! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just got off the phone with Carlos... Super cool dude. Ordered the EFI Power Pack online :D

Can't wait to get this baby installed!! I gotta get my break-in service done at the dealership I bought from, then I'm heading up to Carlos.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went polished. Eventually I might get everything powder coated, but I'm not ready to do that yet...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right on... I think you'll be happy either way man. I am taking the bike into Carlos this week I hope!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Got the bike back from Carlos yesterday... I'm really, really happy with the new set up, and the service there is top notch. Oh, and when I showed up, Carlos just happened to be helping Billy Idol pick out a new Triumph bike... Haha.

Thanks Carlos!!!

A couple quick vids... As usual, the vids don't totally represent the actual sound, but you can at least tell the difference when you hear the stock, then the Dominators. I got the Touring.

Stock exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBtAVLRa9c (sorry, it's a little long).

W/Dominator pipes and the airbox removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZtlZU5tgzw

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I should be around all day Sunday and Monday... Hit me up, we'll get together...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts