Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted today in Domfront, Normandy, France Black Tiger 955 two up. Was it you or anyone have a friend touring Normandy.

I was surprised to see a Tiger on tour so it caught my attention cos I only ever see BM GS's about!!!!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If it had been april it would have been us,as the cafe we stop at on the way to Le-Mans via the bikers relay at Sees,is on the left handside as you go up the hill before the town center.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a fair detour you do there from Sees to Domfront then to Le Mans unless there is another Domfront I have not come across.

I am sure it is the same Domfront the medieval city south of Flers.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
That's a fair detour you do there from Sees to Domfront then to Le Mans unless there is another Domfront I have not come across.

I am sure it is the same Domfront the medieval city south of Flers.
Obviously there's 2!! get off the ferry from St Malo go east Domfront/la ferte mace/sees

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yes Winger i keep forgetting about St Malo!! As it is one of the longest ferry crossings from UK to France and I never use it I keep forgetting about it so it is the Domfront I was thinking about as makes sense travelling East as you correctly say!:D

PeteH sounds like a good trip and also explains why I can't get back to England on the fast ferry from Cherbourg to Poole as you have all the spaces!!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
We go to Le-Mans in april every year,when P+O knocked the Portsmouth/Le-Havre on the head so did we,the problem being the village of Sees have what is called a bikers relay which we have stopped at for more years than i'm prepared to admit,which this year even included a camera crew,dertermined to still stop there,we had to work a route out from St Malo,which has proven to be an absolute gem,stop at the cafe coming into Domfront,and then and absolute gungho thrash to Sees,before it's onto Le-Mans,nice part of the world e'h!!

What we've grown to like is the civilised crossing times,no messing about late at night at Portsmouth docks,and arrives at 8am.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know what you mean about the 'civilised' crossing times.

It was a pain when P&O stopped and we moved over to LD lines all be it for a short time then joined the property owners section of Brittany Ferries as you get free cabin during certain crossings which work out well for me.

You will be passing close by us as we are 20 mins from Domfront and we have a fair few guests stop with us for Le Mans as they enjoy the 1 hour 30 min ride to the circuit through the lanes and as you say it is a lovely part of France.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts