Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the sprocket change this weekend on a friends son's 675. Do not have a shop manual on this bike as I ride a R3C. Looking for torque specs for sprockets and axle. Also any tips, tricks or opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Straight from the service manual...

Rear Sprocket Nuts - 55 Nm
Rear Axle Nut - 20 Nm
Rear Brake Caliper
Front or Larger Bolt - 29 Nm
Rear or Smaller Bolt - 25 Nm
Output Sprocket to Output Shaft - 85 Nm (Use new tab washer, apply ThreeBond 1347 to threads)
Sprocket Cover to Crankcase - 9 Nm

Seems like a major gear change from the stock 16-47 setup.

I run a 16-49 on the short race tracks and stock 16-47 on the longer tracks.

15-49 will be more suited to stunting the bike than riding it on the street or track in my opinion.

Good luck with the switch...

TripleThreat

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seems like a major gear change from the stock 16-47 setup.

I run a 16-49 on the short race tracks and stock 16-47 on the longer tracks.

15-49 will be more suited to stunting the bike than riding it on the street or track in my opinion.

Good luck with the switch...

TripleThreat
I don't think it's that huge of a change... I mean it is a pretty big difference, but not to the point where the bike is unrideable on the freeways. It's not like a 60 tooth stunt sprocket.

I know that Josh (Shnike) went -1 and +2 and is loving it. After all... we don't have much use for our top end on the freeways, while you need to maximize it for the straightaways on the track ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,838 Posts
My friend Paul runs -1 front on his race bike and likes it a lot. Pacific is pretty technical, but the front straight is plenty long enough to need some headroom.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not to threadjack, but what's a good site to go to to readup on sprockets and how changing it affects speed/handling etc...? I really need to start reading up/learning things like that. Same with suspension so that I don't have to keep relying on others to get me set up...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gearing Guru

Not to threadjack, but what's a good site to go to to readup on sprockets and how changing it affects speed/handling etc...? I really need to start reading up/learning things like that. Same with suspension so that I don't have to keep relying on others to get me set up...
This is about as good a starting point as can be found.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/faq/faq_gearing.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts