Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Always thought the TORs are a bit too long for the aggressive look I wanted so when I found these chrome exhaust tip extenders for small cars I could not avoid buying two and try them out. Cost me less than $10...

They fit right in the clamp on the headers so it is a 5 minute job to fit them.

I did not rejet or anything just took her for a spin and enjoyed the sound:D

Actually they are not as loud as I thought, a bit quieter than the EMGO megaphones I intended to use this season.

I tried to make a video but my stupid camera filters out most of the noise so it was no fun watching :-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nqVpf-SUCM

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! The only thing that disturbs me a biit is the bracket for the original muffler. It's welded to the frame so not much to do about it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well done!

You've got me looking for something similiar. I agree with you, it's a much more aggressive look. Thanks for taking your time to post that.

·
Registered
2017 Street Twin
198 Posts
Very cool look :)
Emailed Specialty Spares about their 'tt' pipes they do for the bonnie. They are gonna do some for the speedie/america, which i shall buy for my speedie as soon as they are available :)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Biltema equipped Swedish Scrambler

Very nice indeed.:D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
That looks great!!
I like!! And now you've got me thinking!!

The only thing you could do with the original bracket would be to cut it off if its not to your liking..
But then I suppose it'd be a problem if you (or a future owner) wanted to return the bike to stock.
Unless of course it could be modified to allow it to be made bolt-on, or even rewelded if required.

I'm off out to my shed now, to see what I did with my original pipes!!

V.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks great!!
I like!! And now you've got me thinking!!

The only thing you could do with the original bracket would be to cut it off if its not to your liking..
But then I suppose it'd be a problem if you (or a future owner) wanted to return the bike to stock.
Unless of course it could be modified to allow it to be made bolt-on, or even rewelded if required.

I'm off out to my shed now, to see what I did with my original pipes!!

V.
Here where I live I we have a bi-yearly inspection where the bike has to be returned to original. The same goes for being stopped by the police, in addition to giving me a ticket I have to go in to one of these inspections showing that I am "legal" again. So cutting off things is out of the question for me unfortunately :mad:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Here where I live I we have a bi-yearly inspection where the bike has to be returned to original. The same goes for being stopped by the police, in addition to giving me a ticket I have to go in to one of these inspections showing that I am "legal" again. So cutting off things is out of the question for me unfortunately :mad:
Great idea funstuff. I wouldn't worry about the bracket... it is black and nearly disappears. I didn't even notice it in the picture until you mentioned it and I went back and looked. The two short pipes sort of draw the eye.

I wonder if anyone has considered such a rig for Bonnevilles/Thruxton? Pictures?

And funstuff... are there any baffles with those short pipes or are you running striaght pipes from the motor with them on.

Sounds great. Nice post.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The only visual design flaw with the scrambler has always been the long exhaust. Triumph should step up to the plate and design a shorter stock system. However the current design would not stop me from owning one.
Your on to something with your short set up. Personally I love it, but would have to have some sort of muffler to quite things down. It would be legal where I live but in other parts of the world it just wouldn't do.
Good job!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Those pipes look great!

No sure, but could have a negative impact on performance. Not much volume there, reversion and lack of back pressure can have a negative impact on the ability to get a full cylynder charge.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I was planning to do that to my Thruxton . Access to a Scrambler system and everything .:Devil3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
... And funstuff... are there any baffles with those short pipes or are you running striaght pipes from the motor with them on.

Sounds great. Nice post.
If I could see around corners I be looking at the exhaust valve, so as staight and empty as they could be. I just did this for fun and have no measurements of what it does to performance, feels OK driving though.

My Scrambler is no lightning anyway just loads of fun:Happy:.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
JC Whitney sells bolt in baffles for open pipes. 5 bucks a piece. I have a set for my Bonneville just in case the mounties give me any problems.

·
Registered
387 Posts
JC Whitney sells bolt in baffles for open pipes. 5 bucks a piece. I have a set for my Bonneville just in case the mounties give me any problems.
Not a day goes by when I don't learn something useful from this site. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts