Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rather proud of seeing this in my state of ole virginy.

www.motorcycleva.com

Funding for the website and them gravy biscuits has been provided by a grant from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration administered through Motorcycle Safety League of Virginia and contributions from individual riders as well as motorcycle-related businesses and associations. And since I love using this particular emoticon so much, I'll say this for a second time.

God bless the hearty souls who built the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.:bow

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
That's really cool! No, I don't think we have anything like that in New Mexico. No one in their right mind would want to ride here. Stay away, citizens...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have some family that lives in the Shenandoah valley, beautiful country, have yet to have the privilege of riding there, but the hiking is spectacular.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Gone Cat,

The wife and I will be riding from Gettysburg, PA to Charlottesville, VA in June. Any recommendations on a good non-superslab route? We are rinding out from Indy and am not familiar with that area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice little trip indeed. Get on a map and pick a route of your choice from Gettysburg, PA to Front Royal, VA, Then definately pay the $10 and take Skyline Drive south to I-64. then east to Charlottesville.
That's the general route. This area is riddled with twisty little country roads. It just depends on amount of time to spare. Bring some food to eat up on Skyline Drive. With good weather, you'll want to hang out at the scenic overlooks and chat it up with the other riders.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nice little trip indeed. Get on a map and pick a route of your choice from Gettysburg, PA to Front Royal, VA, Then definately pay the $10 and take Skyline Drive south to I-64. then east to Charlottesville.
That's the general route. This area is riddled with twisty little country roads. It just depends on amount of time to spare. Bring some food to eat up on Skyline Drive. With good weather, you'll want to hang out at the scenic overlooks and chat it up with the other riders.
Thanks for the tip. If it looks like the pics on the website, it should be a great ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts