Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rev counter is a bit intermittent, and jumpy.
orks ok up to about 80 mph or 5000 rpm , then goes a bit funny.
Whats the main cause of the problem , or do i need a need rev counter.

Speedo is similar , up to about 80 mph fine, then cant cope.

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Quick fix may be to clean the contacts for the coils...otherwise it will either be a sign that a coil is on the way out (but you should also get other symptoms) or it's foobard ! not uncommon as most folk will have it go in the life of the bike, some have managed to prize the chrome bezel off and find an electrical fault others(like me) forked out a couple of hundred quid for a new one !

Speedos all do that on the Speed Triples, bloke from the factory said it's vibration some are better than others, they tried changing the shore hardness of the mounting rubbers but couldn't dial it out, mine has 55K on it and once above 80 for a prolonged time waves about a bit...maybe 5mph either way max I suppose.

Clocks fom other T3s will fit but the S3 was the only one to have white face chrome bezel plus the mounting lugs are horizontal and some of the others are diagonal so your nuts would be a bit wonky if you used those Lol

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
575 Posts
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I should have bought a new tachometer years ago when they were available.

My local dealer said last year that they are out of production and no longer available.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I should have bought a new tachometer years ago when they were available.

My local dealer said last year that they are out of production and no longer available.
They may be out of production but they are still available

Part number is T2502010 - Tachometer

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks Daytona. Placing a few calls, I determined that my local dealer is full of bull$rap!

My bad...the Tachs are still avail for around $250 US

1 - 9 of 9 Posts