Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been enjoying my 2007 Thruxton... spent a bunch of money on upgrades, but I've always had a hankering for a Scrambler, and as life is short I was going to sell the Thrux and buy a Scrambler. I was just wondering if it's possible to find a Scrambler owner who's got a hankering for a Thruxton! Then I wouldn't have to go through the whole painful process.

What would be the best way to find someone?

·
29,948 Posts
The best way is to place an ad in the triumphRAT.net classifieds, but to do that you either need to be a paid up member or have 50 posts to your name. To be honest, your best chance is to sell your bike and buy the bike you want. Please be aware that personal ads are not allowed in the main forum.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
bike swap

You could always try craig's list or even Ebay and see what happens, perhaps you can post in the classifieds on numerous bike websites as well and see how you do. Try an ad in the local paper in the nearest large city to you.
It might be a bit tricky though, you'd have to find just the right guy with a hankering for a Thrux and a Scram he wants to exchange.
The obvious thing though, is keep the Thrux and get a scram, even a used one then you can have the best of two worlds!! And a nice start on a collection.!!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Got to ask why? The Thrux is more powerful and has better suspension. But if you must Why not just Mod the Thrux ? Fork gaiters, high level pipes, handlebar conversion. The scrambler seat should fit too. Keep the Thrux bits for when you want to sell or swap back. Much cheaper than buying a Scrambler. To do that is just daft.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm with Nick on this one. It would be alot cheaper to "Scramblize" your Thruxton. I saw a Scrambler with Thrux type pipes somewhere and it looked good!!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Thruxton riders and Scrambler riders seem like two different creatures - think you'd need much luck in finding a machine equal to yours and a guy who wants to swap, but you never know. Like others have said, Craigs or EBay may do.
But then again, you say life is short [really, it's that you're dead for so long] so you OWE it to yourself to keep the Thruxton and buy a Scrambler! See how easy that was?

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Buy a scrambler if you can....
If you can't, don't sell the Thrux, scramblerize it like nw said!

I have longer (scram length) rear Ikon shocks, progressive fork springs, stock bonnie handlebats and metzler tourance tires and my bonnie black is good to go off road.

Aesthetically, and if you can afford it - get a high pipe, chop/replace the front fender.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love the way scramblers look but id never get rid of my thrux...it just has such a bad ass look to it!
If i had the money though id get a too scrambler...i love seeing pics of you guys in those sand dunes, dirt roads, ect. tearing it up! Looks fun

·
Registered
163 Posts
Scramblerise your Thruxton. I've seen one done and it looked excellent. All the parts are available from Norman Hyde. The bars fitted to the one I've seen were the 'Western' TR6 type. It still had low pipes and the original front wheel but to all intent and purpose it looked 'scramblerish' and of course had the Thruxton power.

·
Registered
103 Posts
that pic looks freaken awesome!

Soo lemme get this right If for any weird reason i get tired of my thrux i can just buy these pieces and "scramblerize" my bike?

For the OP id do this rought for sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts