Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stand on my Tiger (silver '06) I find that I have to lean too far down to reach the bars. I am just under 6ft and have fitted risers to lift the 'bars a little hight (30mm). It seems to me that the bend in the bars point down rather than horizontal. To get the grips horozontal, the bars need to be rotated way forward. Is it a problem to have them forward?
Anyone found the same problem? If so, what have you done? Is it too much of a hassle to change the bars considering the wiring for the heated grips?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not an issue here. However I have long arms.

I have seen some posts where people change to dirtbike bars for the Tiger. RENTHAL brand I think.

Search around, and good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Same here, although I've been accused of having ape arms in the past. Haven't noticed any issues with the bars when standing....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Lenny,

If I read your OP right you've addressed the question of height by fitting the risors and now are trying to address the bend in the bars?

I've got a set of ROX risors (check out the ADVdesigns website) which allow me to get the height I need and play around a bit with the angle of the bars. So you can rotate the bars forward while puling the whole assembly back towards you.

Only problem with the Rox's on my 2002 is that the front brake line gets a little tight with the 2" lift they offer. I've taken mine out of the guide near the caliper for the moment but will fit a longer braided line in a few weeks.

I should also add that the machining on the ROX is a little average with some sharp edges and flashing I cut my hand on. Took a minute ot two to dress things up with a file. Also You will need to cut down a 6mm Allen key to fit the bottom clamp. It's quibbling maybe, but I think one should have been supplied with the kit.

Its an innovative system with those couple of caveats.

The other solution would be buying a higher bar with the bend you like. I've never changed a set of heated grips though!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Rox risers and see if they could help. I wonder if lowering the peg height a little might be possible. But that might introduce another problem or two. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Lenny I found the same problem, and added a set of pull back risers from SW Motech. I still find it's a bit of a crouch to stand straight legged, but if I grip the rear of the tank with my knees and keep them a little bent it's pretty effective in rougher terrain.

I'll be trying a bar rotation, to see if it makes any difference, but not expecting too much.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I had same problem originally.
Handlebar risers helped, and I tilted bars backward - not forward.
Also very helpful was replacing pegs with the Touratechs (which requires a minor mod to the pegs, you need to grind down the underside of the right peg to accomadate the brake lever, no big deal). Not only are the Touratech pegs way better offroad but an unexpected benefit was that they are lower and made standing far, far more comfortable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip on the Touratech pegs. I'll check them out. BTW, do you feel any more vibes through the pegs without the rubber?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts