Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it would be kind of nice and interesting to see who your animal friends are. They say that animals seem to always reflect their providers persona. Don't know if it's completely true but maybe it's worth a go. These are my two wonderful canine friends, Spanky and Sheba. Spanky is an English Cocker Spaniel 13 years old and Sheba is an American cocker Spaniel 3 years old. Wonderful company and true companions.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
30,406 Posts
I have a couple of nutty cats that try and trip me down the stairs every day.

Actually I have 3 - I don't have a pic of the third one yet. They're like a maelstrom continually running around my feet - but they let me live in the house so that's not too bad.

Snots:

Wonko:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Here is my best bud. He passed away last month. I have a small breakdown pretty much every day. He was the best dog I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

RIP Milo 1997~2008

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my best bud. He passed away last month. I have a small breakdown pretty much every day. He was the best dog I've ever had the privilege of knowing.

RIP Milo 1997~2008
God Bless you McQueen! I will one day have to share the same, when my Spanky passes. It's good that you hold him dear to your heart. My most sincere condolences.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
thanks man. I hope you can put off going through this as long as possible. It really is the worst feeling ever.

I took two vacations in 11 years...one for my buddy's wedding in NYC, and another for my own honeymoon. Other than those 2 weeks, Milo and I were always together.

·
30,406 Posts
That sucks McQueen. I don't care what anyone says, you get attached to pets like they are part of the family. My little black cat Wonko there has Kidney disease, so I'm not looking forward to the inevitable. Yes indeed, you have my sincerest condolences.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks guys.

Prop, sorry to hear. My parents' cat is going through kidney failure.

You know, my wife and I have two cats and three parrots, but the house just feels different without my buddy Milo.

He could always be counted on to:

- Hog the entire bed to the point where I would be hanging off the edge, with just a sliver of blanket left.
- Snore so loud that I had to crank up the volume on the TV...which defeated the purpose of having it on while I was trying to fall asleep.
- Seek out any and all open beers on his level, knock them over, and drink them. Quite the party trick, no?
- Never quite figure out that a 2-foot-long bone will NOT fit through a 1-foot opening in the sliding patio door.
- Commandeer a brand new $900 couch as his bed.
- Wait patiently until your butt made contact with the couch cushion to then decide he had to go outside.
- Warn me when my parrots were wandering around on the floor and to watch out for them.
- Always win at tug-o-war...always.

Anyway, sorry to hijack with the bummer info...

Now, on to more buddy pics! :)

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts

2 pedigree Ragdolls, Simba and Nala, who are our owners. We get to live in their house and feed them as payment.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Here's Buster. Family friend and escape artist!

He loves to run. He's a Border Terrier, and unfortunately the highest cause of death for Borders is getting hit by cars!

Everynight he goes to bed with the kids; spends some time on each of their beds, and then when Mrs. Haggis and I go up, he comes to our bed.

·
30,406 Posts
This is Doofus. She moved in in July this year.

All my Cats came to me - Wonko (with the Kidney disease :() was a feral cat - she moved in to the house when I did, as a wild kitten. We bonded straight away. I rent a farmhouse in rural Minnesota - when I moved in October 2000 you could hear the mice running around inside the walls (house was built in 1910). Well Wonko showed up, and they have been on the back foot ever since.

Snots showed up a year and a bit later - I think he had been thrown out. He is too vocal to be a feral cat, and is considered a stray. One morning in february 2002 I stepped out on a frosty morning to go to work, toaster crappy breakfast in hand, and heard cries of distress. Next thing I know, snots is wrapped around my leg begging for mercy and won't let go. Well what could I do?

This year, I was going about my business, and heard some yowling from the basement. Went down there, and there is Doofus. Another stray, all friendly like. So she lives in the basement for a couple of months earning her keep. I was besieged by chipmunks in July. Not any more - she was ruthless.

Took Doofus to the vet - she has a chip. Contacted the previous owner, who had moved away, and given the cat to a neighbour. Neighbour is apparently a mean crap head of a bloke, Doofus now lives with a loose head prop forward, in the lap of luxury, where she belongs.

Doofus:

My cats are good to me. I am allowed to honour them with treats and fine things.

At night they stand on my head for fun.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Sam, short for Samantha, has been with us since she was a baby 11 years ago. When she has her way she is a sweetheart, but a screaming banshee when she doesn't. Love her dearly and of course will have to make provisions in our wills for her care as she'll surely out lives us. She has companion birds but couldn't care less about them.

When we lived in SCal, she loved sharing an orange or two with me each afternoon. "BB" a lilac crowned Amazon can be seen in the lower right.

Sam having a sweet moment

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Here's my best little buddy Sampson.

He's a little Szchit Tsu who will not leave my side. Here he fell asleep on the arm of the sofa which abuts the PC. Ain't he adorable??

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Here's a pic of my wife's new pup - a black and silver miniature schnauzer. We haven't seen him in person yet. As some of you know I had to put my sweet miniature schnauzer Olga down last January. General Beauregard will be a different personality with some of the same traits, I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
Cute pup, Cat!

Here are Merry, Frodo, and Pippin. Two West Highland White Terriers, and a pound puppy of indeterminate parentage. She's a very sweet dog, but she chews. Furniture. She's out love sponge, Frodo is the clown, and Pippin is the grumpy old man.

Oh yes, Frodo has a 'problem.'

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Here are my two "Doglets":

My little girl "Bella"

...and "Chica", who I like to call "the rent-a-dog" because we just happened to find her one day.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts

RIP Milo 1997~2008
Really sorry to hear that McQueen. When dogs are part of the family and loyal friends they're an integral part of our life and a helluva lot more than an animal! We've had to go through twice in the last 20yrs, and it doesn't get any easier.

When we lost our last friend last year, (also my daughters first "dog of her own") we took on a retired greyhound, who'd just lost her owner. She's fitted in well and we think we helped each other manage our losses..

Good luck and the photo's a great memory.
Russ

1 - 20 of 178 Posts