Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
faffy,

Don't waste your money, they are a scam.

Short response, the only way to make more HP for any given displacement engine is to get more air in, or get the air out more efficiently.

There is NO magic tune. You MAY be able to get 1-4 HP with adjusting the stock tune and nothing else, but what you have done is taken out the safety margin in the calibration. Hot day, the bike might knock itself to death.

There is a reason that the Arrow 3 into 1 costs $1300. Its difficult to make more HP on an already fully developed engine.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
$9.99 and $13.99 for shipping? What a bargain price for such a massive increase in HP.

I almost feel cheated for spending so much money on TuneBoy, CRM's, K&N etc lol.

If only I'd known. ;)

·
Registered
466 Posts
A resistor on the temp sensor is NOT going to produce good power on the S3. It will simply tell the ECU that the engine is operation at a cooler temp and increase fueling everywhere. Not a good thing on the S3.

Below is a recent graph from a 2007 S3 running CRM duals, ported stock header, stock air filter, 93 octane pump fuel.

Blue - As delivered, running internet downladed tune.
Yellow - After tuning to the needs of this particular bike.

The later S3s use a V2 Keihin ECU that can be a bit more work to tune correctly. This is very hard to do with a PCIII at part throttle, but TuneEdit (TuneBoy) makes easy work of this.

We are testing custom billet velocity stacks now. Initial testing shows a gain of 3.5% at higher rpm, and improved transient response on the 1050 S3s.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like how the top of the page says

+35HP PERFORMANCE CHIP TRIUMPH

and the lower part says

+25 HP POWER BOOST CHIP/MOD,GAS SAVER

:Tongue2:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
A resistor on the temp sensor is NOT going to produce good power on the S3. It will simply tell the ECU that the engine is operation at a cooler temp and increase fueling everywhere.
Yes, I had a mate that put one on a 955 Sprint, which did exactly that. The chip only cost $25 though and was supplied by the local dyno shop. He was running the standard tune with an aftermarket can and his bike DID seem noticeably quicker with the chip but I doubt very much it was anything like 25bhp more. I think he could have probably had a better result just paying a few bucks to get the dealer to download the TORS tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts