Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Truimph riders in our nations capital area? I’m a modest Street Twin owner who’s down to get out and ride.

I’m in Calvert country MD and visit the Chesapeake Cycles Triump shop just west of Annapolis, if you’re interested and/or are looking for a bike.

I’ve seen a couple good routes to ride in the greater area, on other apps and web sites.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Qeww, I'm in the Alexandria/Springfield, VA area. Just joined bought a new to me Speed Triple, and joined the forum. I'm definitely interested in joining in on any rides in the future!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on!

I’ve been looking at Sky Line Drive, as a day trip. About two hours (for me) to get there. About three hours to drive it, south. Then, I reckon about about 3-4 hours to get back home.

All this depending on weather and traffic.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bump from another Springfield resident. Not sure if you made it down Skyline (the weather has been absolute garbage) but I did not find it to be worth the trip when I took my car on it several years back. The Blue Ridge Parkway is much better (and free!) but even further away. Would make for a pretty grueling day trip just to get there and back (about 2 1/2 hours each direction just to get to the BRP.) Still, riding it is on my bucket list. If riding it is like driving it, the miles just disappear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've gotten to take my Speed Triple out all of once since I bought it with all of this weather. It has been a bummer. It's nice to see another owner in the Springfield area. I haven't been to Skyline Drive yet, but I grew up right off of the BRP in the Bedford, VA area, and rode a good portion of it on my old Ninja 250 a few years ago. It's a really nice ride, but the speed limits, police, and sightseers can bog it down occasionally.

If we ever see the sun again we will have to meet up and ride out some time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey folks,
Live in Front Royal....just few minutes from the North entrance to the Skyline drive. There are many roads here in the Shenandoah Valley that offer good rides and some good views and all it costs is fuel! There are some nice country roads in Loudoun County as well. I'm riding on the old school bikes....1972 Tiger 650 and currently working on a 1976 Bonneville 750.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m in fauquier county. I’ll meet up anytime. As a matter of fact, anyone want to meet at bikes and breakfast in Clifton va? They meet every second Sunday of the month. April 14th 2019 is the next meet up

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Not a DC resident, however, I will be visiting the area on my Thruxton next week. Going to be in Alexandria, VA for my mother-in-law's retirement ceremony. She is retiring from the USAF as a SMSgt. I will be in town from Friday to Monday and might be able to sneak away for a quick ride if anybody is willing to show me around or maybe let me know of a good Triumph dealership in town. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I’m in fauquier county. I’ll meet up anytime. As a matter of fact, anyone want to meet at bikes and breakfast in Clifton va? They meet every second Sunday of the month. April 14th 2019 is the next meet up
I am from South Carolina but will be visiting family in the area that weekend. I am interested in going if I can get the green light from my wife. What time does it start? I will be in Alexandria, VA then.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm planning to be at Bikes and Breakfast on the 11th, but I'll be on a Honda Monkey. :eek:

Motorcycles of Dulles is the closest dealership. They're great, but they're also a ways out from Alexandria in Sterling.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am from South Carolina but will be visiting family in the area that weekend. I am interested in going if I can get the green light from my wife. What time does it start? I will be in Alexandria, VA then.

Hi there,

It usually starts around 0700 am. Riders come and go all morning. If it's nice, it will get really crowded. If I can get my sprint up and running, I'll be on it. If not, I'll be on my Honda Shadow. Just look for the idiot with staight pipes annoying everyone with the bike that sounds like an obnoxious sewing machine

I get there usually aroung 900

I can show some good loops to ride

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm planning to be at Bikes and Breakfast on the 11th, but I'll be on a Honda Monkey. :eek:

Motorcycles of Dulles is the closest dealership. They're great, but they're also a ways out from Alexandria in Sterling.

I saw one at the DC bike show. Crazy! I'll look for you

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi there,

It usually starts around 0700 am. Riders come and go all morning. If it's nice, it will get really crowded. If I can get my sprint up and running, I'll be on it. If not, I'll be on my Honda Shadow. Just look for the idiot with staight pipes annoying everyone with the bike that sounds like an obnoxious sewing machine

I get there usually aroung 900

I can show some good loops to ride
Sounds good to me. I don't know what time I will be there but I do plan on being there. Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just upgraded to a Tiger 800 XCx. I'm right by Motorcycles of Dulles. I just did Skyline Drive yesterday and it was a letdown, Blue Ridge Parkway is so much better. SD is not worth it unless you have a National Parks pass.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just upgraded to a Tiger 800 XCx. I'm right by Motorcycles of Dulles. I just did Skyline Drive yesterday and it was a letdown, Blue Ridge Parkway is so much better. SD is not worth it unless you have a National Parks pass.
Welcome to the world of Triumph. Anytime you want to meet up for a ride, let me know

1 - 20 of 26 Posts