Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how well this is know, as I see most reviews only showing the usual three display styles, but there is a whole extra theme (at least on the RS), giving three additional display styles

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there used to be three themes. I just noticed the other day that Triumph has removed one of the themes when updating the software.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there used to be three themes. I just noticed the other day that Triumph has removed one of the themes when updating the software.
I think you're confused. There are three styles within each of the two themes, giving a total of six display options.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't like these (theme 2) presets? I tried using them but the layouts just feel too busy. I usually just leave it on Theme 1 / style 3. Seems to be the easiest to read in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You're not alone. I stick with the same theme. Maybe its easier to read 'coz its closest to what I'm used to = a simple old fashioned rpm & mph display. Prob 'coz I'm simple & old fashioned!
I wonder how many ever change the theme once the novelty has worn off? My guess is most stick with the one they like and never change.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't like these (theme 2) presets?
No. Theme 2 is a waste of space unless you happen to like the styles.

I like theme 1 style 1 and 2. In fact I leave the style selection in Auto so its style 1 for rain and road mode and style 2 for sports and track modes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't like these (theme 2) presets? I tried using them but the layouts just feel too busy. I usually just leave it on Theme 1 / style 3. Seems to be the easiest to read in my opinion.
Agreed. Theme 1 style 3 displays just the right amount of information in a layout that is the easiest to read

·
Registered
243 Posts
No. Theme 2 is a waste of space unless you happen to like the styles.

I like theme 1 style 1 and 2. In fact I leave the style selection in Auto so its style 1 for rain and road mode and style 2 for sports and track modes.
Interesting! I did not realize that you could choose a style/theme for each riding mode. That's actually really cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[
Interesting, I didn't realize that's what the auto is for. Is it preset by factory or can you change it?

I do prefer the large speedometer while on road (it's too easy to speed).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're not alone. I stick with the same theme. Maybe its easier to read 'coz its closest to what I'm used to = a simple old fashioned rpm & mph display. Prob 'coz I'm simple & old fashioned!
I wonder how many ever change the theme once the novelty has worn off? My guess is most stick with the one they like and never change.
They all have the same information. So it's just preference after that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
... that's what the auto is for. Is it preset by factory or can you change it? ...
You can change it for Rider mode but its fixed for the others. Took me a while to work out and its not described in the owners manual.

This is good in Theme 1 but in Theme 2? Well lets just say I'm not a huge fan of Theme 2

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's a pity.

Will have to put tape over the sensor, then. A small round piece made using a hole punch should suffice.
I put a sticker over the sensors ....
My son chooses them, it’s Mickey mousse popping a wheelie >:)

Also I put the the shifting at 6500rpm ( I’m mostly riding over that ) bcz life is better under the orange color :smile2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you get it to stay black? I have an option of Auto or High Contrast (which seems to mean white background). The black background is perfectly readable in sunshine - and the Auto mode switch to white background is very distracting.
I'm wondering the same thing. I can only get a white background for each theme but i want the black background.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts