Discussion Starter #1
Just got a New Discacciati Triple Tree installed
Slightly Lighter then stock.
Nice Billet bling

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are two drilling guides so risers can be attached.
Under side view

Top Detail

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Straight swap?

Looks nice! - to save me from going down the garage to compare, is it a straight swap for the Thruxton (I have an 04 model) ie can we still use the OEM dash with it? did you notice any handling improvements?
Thx

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Nice, but I don't thnk the factory is going to be all that keen on the use of their trademarked Hinckley logo. They should have just used their own logo ala NCR.

/M

"That's just my opinion folks. I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty much a straight swap.
I think they need to change the pintch bolts to to the other side.
The bolt holes for the Dash is one size larger from stock.
besides these issues It went on easily.
Taking her out tomorrow for test ride. I'll report back.
I do not anticipate much as it is just the top tree and it more bling then performance.

JC

Looks nice! - to save me from going down the garage to compare, is it a straight swap for the Thruxton (I have an 04 model) ie can we still use the OEM dash with it? did you notice any handling improvements?
Thx

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That is a beautiful triple tree. I would have taken it one step further and polished it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Mar,

You ever see a stock top triple tree stripped and polished to a mirror finish? Absolutely magnificent! Were it not so cold, I'd pull a bike out and snap a pic.

I'd like to see that Italian clamp anodized gloss black with their own logo engraved/etched (as I said, ala NCR).

/Mike

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mar,

You ever see a stock top triple tree stripped and polished to a mirror finish? Absolutely magnificent! Were it not so cold, I'd pull a bike out and snap a pic.

I'd like to see that Italian clamp anodized gloss black with their own logo engraved/etched (as I said, ala NCR).

/Mike
Yes I see one every time I ride my thruxton. I polished mine when I converted my forks over to F3 forks. I also polished the clip ons and fork sliders.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Balck Anodized and Logo and Name of Company

Thas is a excellent question and a even more of a excellent idea!

I for one would prefer the Discacciati Logo or Logo and Discacciati written across the to of the tree.

Black anodized would be a great idea too. I believe it is available in many colors from them as the rearsets and calipers are available in many colors for additional cost.

I have put this question to Discacciati and will let you know what they say

JC

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok
I'll make one and put your name on it and you make one and put my name on it and we can sell it to each other and sue each other and make them Lawyers rich:D

I should make one on my cnc and put my last name on it and see if anyone sues me lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They do not do the lower tree as of yet.
Personally the stock one does not bother me at all.
With my set up I don't even see the lower tree.
If you really want a billet lower tree bonnevilleperfomance makes one.
It is a bit heavy looking and not much in the design department but it is billet.
Nevertheless I'll see what they say but I'll give ya fair warning it won't be cheap. The dollar sucks so bad against the Euro it's getting pretty hard to get anything from the EU at a decent sane price anymore. That goes for the Yen too.
The Pound is getting soft so it's a good time to get stuff from the UK now.

JC

+3 JC

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts