Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Elec. Prob-Reseting alarm?

Hi I have 02 TT600 that i recently bought, it needed the cam cover gasket replaced, I replaced it but in the process I disconnected the batt. now the bike wont start, I pour a little gas down the throttle bodys and it starts but dosen't stay running, I only got one key with the bike and I'm wondering if the alarm is the culprit to the starting problems. I don't know how to reset it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure where you're located, but I've been told that US bikes don't have an alarm. Also, when the alarm cuts power, the only thing that works are the headlights. It definitely sounds like a fuel problem. Is the fuel pump priming? Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im located in connecticut. everything works, it turns over, the fuel pump primes and runs when the bike is turning over, it just dosent start, it will run if i pour gas down the bodies but then stalls out, figured it was an injector problem and saw a fuse for an alarm but was never told about it. the bike ran fine 48 hours ago, then i took cam cover off and know this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you know for certain it has some kind of alarm? The factory alarm would connect to the plug hiding way in the back of the tail section by the ECM. If you don't have an alarm, it has a couple jumper wires that pass the current on. Again though, by disconnecting those wires, nothing would come on except the lighting, not even the gauges.

Check to make sure you put all your hoses on correct when you put your tank back on. If your fuel pump is running, and it catches when you pour gas down the tb's, then it seems to be functioning correctly (electricity: check, compression: check, air: check, fuel: ??). The only possibilities I see is incorrect hose routing, or the injectors not firing. Retrace your steps. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it running, thanks, apperently the red connector does not go to the red fitting. who would have thought. thanks again

·
Super Moderator
8,473 Posts
Ah, yes. The zen of fuel connectors. At least you know the recall was done if the connectors don't make sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts