Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Good evening from Ohio! So I bought a Sunpie LED (i.e. Amazon) to replace the original headlight. I've seen posts here and on the other site where TBird owners installed this unit and are happy with it. It only has the 3 'spade' connector and has no where to plug the two 'position light' leads. I don't know a thing about wiring outside of 'plug and play'. When I plugged the new unit in and tried just winding the 2 position light leads up, the bike wouldn't start. The new LED light lit up, but everything (including the taillight) was flickering. Took the LED out and put the old light back in and (predictably) everything is OK. What should I do with these two (one black, one yellow) wires to the original position light? Is there a 'dummy' lead I can plug in? An adapter to buy? Do they wire in at another location? Sorry for the noob question, 'cause I'm usually a resourceful guy...but wiring is beyond me.

Thanks Much!
Butch in Columbus

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'd say you probably were shorting the leads together when you wound them up or the 12v lead was shorting to something else inside the bucket. The position light is driven in parallel with the tail light and license plate light. If it's not in the circuit, the ECU wouldn't know about it. Insulate both wires and try again.

Reactions: slingshot60
1 - 3 of 3 Posts