Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Regarding 1997 model Triumph Tiger 900 / T400 Steamer, 885ccm with Mikuni carburetors:

Can anyone here tell me for sure the direction ( up / down and front / rear ) of the inlet rubbers depicted here?:

Inlet rubber_Wider - Narrower.jpg

The inlet rubbers have a vertical v-shape in the middle section. Is the broader part supposed to be on the top or the bottom?

The inlet rubbers also have different shapes on the inside of the tubes. What way are the half circular shape on the inside supposed to be directed (towards the carburetors or the cylinders)? The inside on the other side of the tubes seems to me to be more triangular.

Inlet rubber_Circular.jpg Inlet rubber_Triangular.jpg

Will be thankful for all constructive inputs :smile2:

·
Registered
854 Posts
From what I recall the rubbers were symmetrical. I think what you have there is rubbers distorted by age. I'd put the thin side down and the smoother side towards the airbox. The carbs have a little lip on them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your input "lobout", but no: The inlet rubbers on my pictures are old, but my brand new inlet rubbers are exactly the same and are also angled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Logic dictates that that is the way to install them, yes. But that is the way that I have installed them now, and I have big problems with installing the petrol tank, the air boxes and the fairings. So something is wrong...

·
Registered
854 Posts
I remember from my 900 Trophy, that the airbox was awkward to install. It had to be fed in from the side and there wasn't much room. Hope you get it figured out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts