Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the dipstick supposed to have an O-ring on it? My '08 doesn't and I seem to remember my '03 having an o-ring. I get a trace of oil around the dipstick between washings and I know I'm not spilling any oil there.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Is the dipstick supposed to have an O-ring on it? My '08 doesn't and I seem to remember my '03 having an o-ring. I get a trace of oil around the dipstick between washings and I know I'm not spilling any oil there.
My '06 has the O ring.

Need to replace mine too as it has lost its elasticity.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '06 has the O ring.

Need to replace mine too as it has lost its elasticity.
Anyone know what size the o-ring is?

I'd go to the dealer, but I'll just get their usual response, "Oh we don't have that part in stock, but we can order it and it will be hear in about a week."

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Anyone know what size the o-ring is?

I'd go to the dealer, but I'll just get their usual response, "Oh we don't have that part in stock, but we can order it and it will be hear in about a week."
This ain't exact, but its close enough:

19mm. I.D.
25mm. O.D.
2.5mm. cross section

Might as well pick one up at Ace Hardware because the material theirs is made of is no worse than what you will get at the dealer and it's easy to change if it swells or gets hard.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This ain't exact, but its close enough:

19mm. I.D.
25mm. O.D.
2.5mm. cross section

Might as well pick one up at Ace Hardware because the material theirs is made of is no worse than what you will get at the dealer and it's easy to change if it swells or gets hard.
I'm off to True Value in the morning and I'll take the dipstick with me. No, not that dipstick.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts