Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I want the Norman Hyde Ace bars... but I need them in 7/8", which dosen't exist. I found these similar bars on ebay. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how they would compare to the Norman Hyde unit, or would know where the dimensions of the real Ace bars are listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cafe...650-XS850_W0QQitemZ220395675059QQcmdZViewItem

Width: 27.5"
Rise: 4.75"
Pullback: 4.5"
center: 6.5

Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have the 1" NH Ace bars on my bonnie. I don't know the exact dimensions but the 7/8" on e-bay look identical to the NH. For $33.00 with shipping that is a gonga deal. I didn't notice if they had end plugs which may be an issue for you. For my money I think the NH bar chromeing quality was pretty poor. Just buy them and give em' a try for that price. Sell them if you don't like them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know.. when you're right, you're right. For that price, why not. For around 1/3 the price of Hyde units, which don't exist in the FIRST place, I just ordered them off ebay... we'll see what happens.
I got tagged with sales tax... $2.50 --- I HATE paying sales tax online. :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brem, did you end up getting these bars? If so, what do you think of them? Are there any clearance issues? Are you using rearsets?

Want the same style, but have some questions.

Blank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts