Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just received the following from our local chapter of the British Motorcycle Association of Colorado. I have never used this firm, nor do I have anything to do with their enterprise.

That said...I know some of you were looking for more accurate clocks for your machines,...or at least talking about looking for something different or a replacement for a troublesome movement.

I was pretty impressed.

Darien

-------------------

Here's something interesting just in time for your Christmas shopping list:

Hi, we would like to introduce your bike business to Smiths Digital Instruments, made in the UK and reintroduced in digital versions of all the original Smiths classic fitted to the Brit bikes of the 50, 60, and 70s, including chronometric versions with a digitally replicated “ticking” pointer action or switchable smooth motion.

This month we have reintroduced the logo’d Norton specific speedos and tachos.

All the Smiths digital instruments replicate the original case dimensions and fitting points which means they fit all original or replica mounting brackets.

Please see the website for more product details or contact us for trade terms.

Regards

Patrick Keen

Puca Ltd 01974 282404
www.puca.co company no: 7643860 vat no: 139007133

www.smithsspeedos.co.uk

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Yeah we've seen them before. Nice, but VERY expensive and there are better/cheaper options available with more features built in as standard - ie fuel/temp gauges.

I guess you could justify the cost if you were restoring a classic that had to be just right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quite nice, but you get others w/ more functions.
See these: http://motogadget.com/en/

Even they cost a lot, they are able to show everything
I've put one of the cronoclasic' rev counter into the headlamp of my TBS, removed the speedo, control lamps and the bracket. Now it looks realy old fashioned.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah I have a moto gadget mini gauge on my legend. I love the tiny little bugger!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts