Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I can I can't for the life of me read t schematics. I've had issues with 2 sets connectors that are the es same. Plug 1 way my guages work. The other way my headlights work. Never tho at same time

Well I got that issue solve but now I get illumination on my guages but no reading as in 0 mph or odometer.

Isit supposed to read these when engine is not running?

If not,. Does anyone know what I need look for?

·
Super Moderator
21,490 Posts
By way..2009 RS sprint
Well for sure it's NOT an 09 RS :)
So what is it exactly?
(looks to be Gen 1 so must be 00 or 01 )
(Didn't you have to surrender that bike or ???? ...... )

... now I get illumination on my guages but no reading as in 0 mph or odometer.
Clarification please ...
Are you saying the LCD does not display anything - or that it displays zero and does not change?
And similarly for the odometer - the total mileage is not displayed at all or does not increment from what it reads?

Illumination and power to the instruments are two different sources
The Switched 12V comes in on green/red* wire (that actually comes from same source as supplies the fuel pump)
*not to be confused with the Green/Red that is ALSO on that connector, which is the turn signal indicator

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2000. There are 2 connectors that are interchangable. The wires coming from the clutch go into 1 of them.

One way the headlights would work but no guages or illumination. The other way the opposite would happen

Well...I figured out which one clutch went to. I'm sure I'm right because my pass switch works as does horn . I also fixed the dreaded 3 wire connect on the left front shock coming from clutch.

Now my guages illuminate, I get bright light symbol and low gas....but nothing on my digital speedo. It used to show 0 and 31000 miles....but nothing now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts