Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my 04BB and a friends 07 T100 and noticed several things different including the front rotor intake manifolds and really surprising the engine cases are different. Will the jugs from a 790 fit either set of cases? Are all 790 and 865 cases different?

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
I was looking at my 04BB and a friends 07 T100 and noticed several things different including the front rotor intake manifolds and really surprising the engine cases are different. Will the jugs from a 790 fit either set of cases? Are all 790 and 865 cases different?
cases changed a few years back .The newer bikes have a different breather set up and the block is alittle stronger around the starter idler gear.same jugs will fit ether block.As will cranks and trans stuff.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the change from 790 to 865cc the engine case change as well or did some 865s have the old style case? The 790 case seems to be cleaner in appearence that the other one, less weight i would think also.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The change was made to the crankcase breather some time during the 05 production year and was applied to both 865 and 790 motors. I have an 865cc T100 with the old style breather as although it's an 05 model, it was actually built in September 2004.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts