Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been watching this for some time and we are now the 2nd most active section in Triumph RAT. Pat yourselves on the back. This is a great site!

Look out Twins Section here we come.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Hooray! It'd be nice to see a Triple (of any iteration) win Bike of the Month for once, he said in a purely objective unbiased moderator sort of way...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
That's only because the Twins have a few years on us. Shawn started with the classic Triumphs and a General forum. About the time I came along in 2002 it was decided that there was a need for a Sprint forum and I was elected to moderated.
The forum sky rocketed then tapered off with steady growth and attrition then the new guys took over and it's sky rocketed again.

It was towards the tail end of the growth spurt that it became obvious I needed help and I conned DaveM into helping me and Shawn have to redo things so Dave could become co-moderator and we've been even Steven since.

The site has gone through some major changes over it's life time, at certain times Shawn was upgrading weekly it seemed and was tremendous load for him in time and financially.

When he finally let go we didn't blame him one bit. Mick was another tremendous help to him.

The site as a whole has changed and is stronger for it and DaveM and I have worked to keep this end going according to Shawn's original values and vision.

Just an FYI that this site didn't just pop up but has been here quite some time and was started because of one man's vision that wanted a site where people that like Triumphs could get together in harmony.

Don

I've been watching this for some time and we are now the 2nd most active section in Triumph RAT. Pat yourselves on the back. This is a great site!

Look out Twins Section here we come.

·
Premium Member
24,382 Posts
Nice post Don

Pretty good history summation there Don.:)
And thank you for asking me if I would help you, an honour and a pleasure.

For more info on what Don has outlined about Shawn Reed the creator / originator and original owner of this website:

http://www.triumphrat.net/faq.php?faq=history#faq_whostartedratnet

I don't think I can add anything to what Don has said. We do seem to have a lot of new members on a regular basis though:)

cheers
DaveM :HappySidecar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts