Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I make the bike seat more comfy, any suggestions?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Don't they make a "comfort" seat for the storm? A cheaper answer though is the airhawk. I used one on my Vulcan and it worked well. Trick is to have minimum amount of air in it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the comfort seat, to it seems in between the regular seat and the commander/LT comfy seat.
In the meantime I increased pre-load and slowed the rebound, will test it shortly

·
Registered
88 Posts
Could always try a sheepskin seat pad. Got one on my tiger & it probably doubles the distance I can ride comfortably. You can pick one up for around £20.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any particular brand of sheep skin pad?
Do they come with gel pads or something, or is it literally just the sheep skin?

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I have used an Alaska Leather sheepskin pad and am very happy with it. I suspect shipping it to Australia would be prohibitively expensive. I would think any sheep skin pad would do. Mine was sheared somewhat short.
Pillion 2 Sheepskin Buttpad®

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any particular brand of sheep skin pad?
Do they come with gel pads or something, or is it literally just the sheep skin?
Just the sheepskin. I bought mine from an eBay seller (would have to look up who) who asks which bike its for then searches out a suitable size for you. Warm when it's cold, cool when it's warm & if/when it gets wet, just shake the water off, works a treat.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need to get the wife on the back, see if I also need a pillion butt pad too

Cool, thanx for that

I suspect shipping it to Australia would be prohibitively expensive
$25 USD

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Here's what you do. Remove the seat from the bike. Turn it over and carefully pry up each staple, documenting where each one was removed from and store them in a labeled baggie. Peel off the seat cover, exposing the foam padding. Roll the removed seat cover, do not fold, and set aside in a cloth bag; a clean pillowcase will do. With a hot wire foam knife and following the contour of the seat base, separate the foam padding from the base. Put the foam padding in a vacuum storage bag, evacuate the air [with a vacuum cleaner] and seal airtight. Collect the baggie of staples, the cloth bag holding the seat cover, the vacuum bag of now-flattened foam padding and the seat base and throw them in the trash. Buy a Mustang seat. You won't be sorry (unless you followed all of these instructions).

Reactions: VABird

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, but do I need to use flat or needle noae pillars to pull out the staples, and do I use blue or black ink for documentation before rendering the entire process pointless and irrelevent

so many options....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd use green ink, it fades quicker than black or blue, thus rendering your notes useless quicker.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How am I suppose to throw away correct notes then? I don't want to waste time taking down all this info if its just going to fade away 5 years after I dump it all the bin

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
How am I suppose to throw away correct notes then? I don't want to waste time taking down all this info if its just going to fade away 5 years after I dump it all the bin
Sorry, missed a step. Burn the notes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Can I take pictures of the notes and sell them to Disney so they can make another billion dollar movie trilogy, I heard they are low on ideas.

BTW Im going to buy some sheepskin and cut it up myself

·
Registered
228 Posts
I sent my seat to Russell Cycle Products in CA and had them build a “Day Long” saddle on it. Love it! I’ve done 700 miles in a day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, thinking of doing the same, Australian Cumfy Motorcycle Seats

·
Registered
49 Posts
I must agree with PapasmurfMC. The Mustang seat made it possible for me to do 600+ mile days easily. Before that I bought every other seat Triumph offered and none worked as well as the Mustang.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do like the backrest, but need to fix/adjust the suspension first, no seat will fix/correct that problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
di
I must agree with PapasmurfMC. The Mustang seat made it possible for me to do 600+ mile days easily. Before that I bought every other seat Triumph offered and none worked as well as the Mustang.
Ditto on the Mustang seat. Most comfortable seat I have ridden on. Mustang Cat#1683. And it looks sharp too!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts