Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used the Triumph diagnostic kit and cable interface to PC.
What exactly does the cable interface do for us?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engage.
Thanks for the reply.
With the tuneecu program can you do routine tune ups such as balancing the injectors etc. My belief is that they cannot be balanced using a manometer etc.
I have the "official" Triumph service manual from Manualwizard and it is a very comprensive book which combined with the right cable to my pc I should be able to totaly eliminate the expense of a dealer.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Yes, it sure does. I've used it to check my throttle bodies a few times and so far they are still perfectly balanced.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm new to the whole business of accessing and updating the ECU - DAZ and others are more experienced here, but it is my understand that the TuneECU program is fully functional and provides you with the same capabilities that the dealer has.

I have used TuneECU a couple of times and found it pretty straight-forward.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I am a couple of thousand away from the 12 thousand mile service so I have some time yet before I am ready to check the throttle bodies etc.
I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I'm new to the whole business of accessing and updating the ECU - DAZ and others are more experienced here
Others, yes. My experience is basically nothing more than yours aside from loading maps a few more times. But for questions beyond me (meaning pretty much everything except how to simple load a map) he can ask here... http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi-tuning-help-tips-and-tricks/ I do and they have been able to answer everything i've asked pretty well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daz,
I have down loaded the Tuneecu program but cannot open the file. It has downloaded as a zip file and my computer will not open it: any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like you can get different numbers of pins on the cables 3,12,17,ect. to usb.Which one should i look for,I also have a 2005 rocket will the same cable work for it?

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Not sure about the R3. It works with tunecu, and i'm sure it's the same cable, but i'm not 100%. So i'd suggest you ask in the tuning section of the forum. There are guys there that know it all and a couple i think who are involved in the creation of tuneecu in some way. Anyways, they'll answer you correctly there... http://www.triumphrat.net/ecm-and-fi-tuning-help-tips-and-tricks/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts