Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello all
If you could post pictures of the Devon S/S Rolltru rims where the brand is stamped It would help me. Peg has already posted photos on my other thread which is Devon rims,Blemishes? I have been in contact with them about the blemishes on my rims and they say that the blemishes on my rims are due to the pressures used to dimple the rims but when I look at their ad and photos recived from Peg I can tell that there is a difference The first picture is of the rims I received the last is from Peg.thanks.
Juan

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I'd be asking for my $$$ back, those rims don't meet any QA standards. The finish is terrible, but I would also be concerned about the nipple area failing in use.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have to agree. Devonmark quality seems to be far from acceptable these days. I wonder if they have moved production to India, China or somewhere like that?
I have Akront alloy rims on my Bonnie, with SS spokes and nickel plated nipples. They have been on the bike for over 20 years and whilst not as easy to maintain as SS rims, they are lighter and still look a treat after a quick blast with my metal polishing mop. No problems with potholes (and I have hit some pretty hard) but they are 6051-T6 alloy, which is used in aircraft wing spars. You can still buy them too, although at around €500 for the rims alone, they are bloody expensive. Glad I didn't have to buy them... :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I received a shipping label from Devon rims yesterday and I shipped the rims back today via DHL. I`ll be waiting to see what actions are taken by Devon.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good news! One would think that companies would be extra carefull in international shipments as the cost of correciton is higher, but that has not been my experience either.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got a refund from Devon for the rims but the 85GBP=110.00 USD I paid for shipping was not refunded. They never admitted that the rims had defects,they never offered to replace them with a good set and all they did was offer a refund. I`m very disappointed with the experience I had with them. They touted their in their ad their quality control with the words "We have perfected manufacturing & initiated quality control and processes" I would not buy anything from them unless I could inspect the rims before buying. I`m far away from them but I have been a motorcyclist for 48 years and I have owned Triumphs on and off for 27 years I think that they thought they could fool me.
Juan

·
6,425 Posts
Hi Juan,

85GBP=110.00 USD I paid for shipping was not refunded.
How did you make the initial payment - credit card? Paypal? Paypal has its own dispute procedure but, with credit cards, British consumer law makes the bank jointly-liable with the seller for any transaction totalling over £100 - when a Spanish car-hire company tried to screw me for 'damage', :rolleyes: although it was an international transaction, my card-issuing bank just involved the credit card company.

Hth.

Regards,

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Juan,

How did you make the initial payment - credit card? Paypal? Paypal has its own dispute procedure but, with credit cards, British consumer law makes the bank jointly-liable with the seller for any transaction totalling over £100 - when a Spanish car-hire company tried to screw me for 'damage', :rolleyes: although it was an international transaction, my card-issuing bank just involved the credit card company.

Hth.

Regards,
Hello Stuartmac
I have not contacted my credit card company when I tried login in after registering and had problems using their portal then I got sick and placed everything on the back burner. Now we had an earthquake of 6.6 magnitude and don`t have electrical power. I`m running on a generator waiting for things to get back to normal My bikes didn`t sufer any damage well neither my house or garage but some people were not as lucky and lost their houses and a few building colapsed. We also lost one of our big power generating plants in the south coast and we don`t know when is coming back online. We were lucky as only One live was lost and since it happened at night the only school that partially collapsed was empty. Most businesses are on gens and we will recover. Thanks for asking and please excuse my late reply.
Juan

21 - 30 of 30 Posts