Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Been reading the forum for a while now but never posted. I have desperately been trying to track down a new base bonneville in black. There are two dealers in the area and they tell me they have been sold out of the 2012 models for months. Does anyone know when the 2013's will hit??? I'm going stir crazy waiting for one. It amazes me that triumph doesn't produce more if they are always sold out and used models are also very rare.

Thanks,

Jacob

·
Registered
35 Posts
The dealer down the road has already had a few 2013's. At the very least they have had a black T100 and a purple and white base. I've seen the pics on Facebook :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm in Maine so I don't think I can do you much good. I was fortunate and stumbled in to a 2011 T-100 with 804 miles on it.

Be patient and something will present itself. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you'll have better luck as winter approaches...some people don't feel like storing their bikes, and may let it go for less!

At least, that's what I'm hoping for!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Haps, in Sarasota FL, has a 2012 and says "call for price", St Pete Powersports has a 2013 base and a t100. Both appear in cycletrader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input everyone. For some reason I can't view the classifieds on this site, I guess my free membership doesn't include that. The most frustrating thing I've found is dealers posting that they have them on cycle trader just to get you in the dealership and try to sell you something else because they never had it to begin with. I would like to buy ASAP while there's still good riding weather.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would say try Cycletrader.com, I've never had a problem with them.

I bought my '12 Bonnie during winter too, got a killer deal on mine. Use the downtime to make mods and other stuff. Besides in Dallas, couldn't you ride year around? I'll do it in Utah as long as there's no frost or snow on the ground.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Haps, in Sarasota FL, has a 2012 and says "call for price", St Pete Powersports has a 2013 base and a t100. Both appear in cycletrader.
I bought my new '08 in April '10 from Haps. I saw it on cycletrader as well. Made them an offer of $7200 otd for Thrux with 3 miles. They accepted.

I drove to pick it up from NC. They were Awesome to deal with. Lots of history in their shop. My salesman was a guy named Billy.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
My local dealer in San Bernardino (CA) has one, and they've got excellent pricing - just bought my gold one there. You could easily save the $500 it would cost to ship it to you in TX.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I bought my new '08 in April '10 from Haps. I saw it on cycletrader as well. Made them an offer of $7200 otd for Thrux with 3 miles. They accepted.

I drove to pick it up from NC. They were Awesome to deal with. Lots of history in their shop. My salesman was a guy named Billy.
Billy is still there but Hap passed away this year. His son Steve has taken over and is great to deal with. Anybody who stops by should ask for a tour of the history room upstairs, there are some great bikes up there and some more in the farthest back corner of the shop. They will still work on old Triumphs.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Have you asked your dealer if they can get one from another dealer close by. My dealer will do this for its customers for free as long as it isn't past the Mississippi. The there may be a little extra shipping fee. Dealers will be motivated now that the '13s are out.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Billy is still there but Hap passed away this year. His son Steve has taken over and is great to deal with. Anybody who stops by should ask for a tour of the history room upstairs, there are some great bikes up there and some more in the farthest back corner of the shop. They will still work on old Triumphs.
Yeah, I heard Hap passed on their facebook page. I was lucky enough to get to sit down in his office and talk to him for a few minute when I bought my bike. He seemed like a really good man. He said he opened that shop after WWII because the only way people from Sarasota could get their bikes worked on was by going by ferry across the bay. They gave me and my buddy a tour of the whole shop. Up in the rafters of the back of the shop were a bunch of really neat old bikes, some they were storing for people. The old wooden, oil soaked floor boards had the smells and feel of history [my grandfather had an old family cotton gin as a shop as I was growing up ( and it is still here). He had a couple of Model As, two Austin Healeys, a couple of Triumph GT6's, and tons of old car and tractor parts, leaving that same oil soaked smell in the old wooden floor boards; a smell that will reminisce with me forever!] as it reminded me of my childhood. It was also really neat to go in to one part of the shop where one of the sons was lacing a wire wheel on a '60s model Honda cafe style racer, while in the next room over a technician was setting up a brand new '11 BMW S1000RR. I will also second the comment that their motorcycle museum in the business office is a sight to see. All in all, really neat experience I was glad I got to enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts