Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the "America" decal off the right side panel, as A. it was not put on correctly in the first place, and B. I didn't like the gold color, given my ride is all black and chrome (even the pumpkin lens caps on the turn signals are soon to be gone. My only bit of color is some red in the 68' tank badges.

While I'm okay with the blank space on the side cover, there is the smallest indentation, about, what, 3/4" X 6" that bugs me a bit. I'm probably the only one who notices it. So my options, as I see it:

1. Forget about it.
2. Have some sort of decal, either stock or custom designed.

Ideas, suggestions? Appreciated!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Maybe something like this...

Painted locally by a custom shop, Bonneville is silver leaf.

Perhaps you could get a "America" vinyl decal with a little red in it to match your tank badge's made by a local sign shop.

Maybe have holes drilled or vent's cut in and a black mesh applied to the inside of the cover if you plan a airbox elimination kit.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
TBA, I`m not sure how wide your sidecovers are at the widest,but I have a set of potmetal fender script from my old 1964 Rambler American 440H.They are 12" long tip to tip,but if you cut them off at the "a" they are about 9-1/2". :???: They are chrome,just 42 years old. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rod- ?
Daz- ??
4-???

Am I missing something?

I appreciate, maybe more so than lots, a satirical "zing", and yet, I am often obtuse when it is directed at me...

Keep em coming (?), I'll catch a glimpse eventually.

:???:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the side panel?

I like the thought... but drilling and attaching in through the cheap plastic of the side panel?

Could this work?

It would open up all sorts of possibilities... (! ?)

Thanks for thinking outside the box, Signor Silver!

·
Registered
290 Posts
tba-golfer
Okay, sorry, just thought it might make ya laugh! You said you didn't like gold or I was going to say, the gold "Made in England decal" Like the one they put on the down tube.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I simply chose option 1. I think decals all over the place give bikes a more production look as opposed to custom. You never see highly customized bikes that look awesome with decals and logos all over em. Just my opinion. If it were me and it really mattered a lot, the only yhing i can imagine opting for would be a matching paint job to the tank. But you already have that ! :-D Just me, and not the most popular opinion from what i gather. But you asked, i told. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4, Daz, all-

Man, I am so dense, much of the times. Thanks for the initial, and follow-up comments.

I'm adept at the quick snappy repartee on the "general" forums; but I am rubbish at recognizing it when it gets slapped back at me when I posit a legit question.

Shame on me... I'll learn.

Thanks, really, and Happy Seasons!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.