Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning to my pride and joy on Tuesday evening, I found that some lovely person had managed to put a dent in my tank. It's about 3cm diameter and pretty shallow - is this something I could pop out with one of those repair kits I've seen around? Or would it be best to take it to someone who knows what they're doing?

Thanks all!

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Sorry to hear that. If the edges are not creased, otherwise theres not much you can do aside from bondo or if it's not to bad having it sanded to level the edges after it's been popped out then and repainted. If it's not creased you may be able to pull it out with a suction cup or there are other ways they can do it. There are kits and such. Do a search. But it's all about the dent and how it is. Do you have pics? Or you may be able to find one on ebay. I've seen a lot of them at 1/2 or less of new, which is around $600. (new that is)

·
Registered
190 Posts
uber,
Try the dry ice trick !
put dry ice on the dent, let it sait a bit and wipe it off. I have heard this works well.

[ This message was edited by: Dinqua on 2006-12-10 08:52 ]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies lads, I've never heard of the dry ice trick!! I'll have to look into that...

Dazco, it's a really shallow dent, with no creases. I'd be surprised if it was any deeper than a couple of mm. I'll try and get a picture up soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
check the yellow pages or go to a used car dealer near you because there are guys- we call them dent doctors who can take care of a little nic like that in a few minutes for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a dent in my front right side of my tank which really SUCKS. I checked with one PDR (paintless Dent Removal) guy and he doesn't want to touch it. Hmmmm.... I am going to have a body shop do an estimate and see how much the damages are.

Make sure if you garage your bike that you park it AWAY from your son's sqaut rack! Those olympic bars sure make one nasty dent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts