21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice thorough install walk through!! I've had a better horn install in mind for a bit, just not motivated to mod this much. Though when I do mod things, has to be done like this!

By the way, you have a 2020 RS? *** happened to your tires? You eat through the pirelli's already?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
By the way, you have a 2020 RS? *** happened to your tires? You eat through the pirelli's already?
Thanks. I took them off. I thought I was going on a 1600 mile trip this weekend and didn't want to waste them. I'll put them on before the track days in May.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. I took them off. I thought I was going on a 1600 mile trip this weekend and didn't want to waste them. I'll put them on before the track days in May.
ah, k. Those look like truck mud tires on a triple! hahah. I dropped the Rosso III on mine after getting a massive flat at 90 on the highway one day. Talk about freakish

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ah, k. Those look like truck mud tires on a triple! hahah. I dropped the Rosso III on mine after getting a massive flat at 90 on the highway one day. Talk about freakish
Ouch, that would cause some puckering.

The tires are Michelin Road 5s. They're not the prettiest, but they work well.

Besides the 1600 mile trip this weekend that I'm not going to be able to make, I'm planning a trip to Virginia in April. So, even more reason to swap out the stock tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finished the install today. Installed the compressor exactly like you did. I did install the horn a little differently though. Used a flat corner brace so I could place the horn higher and oriented towards the engine, which makes it less visible.

This is what it looks like installed:

Went for the first ride of the year today and tested it. Man, that thing is so loud! I feel safer already...

Thanks again for the ideas. It was really useful.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks good [email protected]! Glad I could help some.

BTW, does it put a grin your face too when you hit the button? I know I giggle in my helmet. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good [email protected]! Glad I could help some.

BTW, does it put a grin your face too when you hit the button? I know I giggle in my helmet. :)
Oh yeah, a big grin.
Went on my first ride of the season today, with temps around 5C (41F)... Not many riders yet but, every time little kids turned around to watch me pass by, I took an evil pleasure of pressing that red button to startle them... Kids loved it, their parents, maybe not so much :cool:😈

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
LOL, that's awesome!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts