Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Well I went to the dealer and rode the ST.

This is my 30th year riding and I have owned 12-13 bikes.

I absolutely loved the thing ! Great riding position, good handling, good brakes (I did NOT find the ABS took away that much brake feel, as some people say). Great power. Transmission shifted smoothly and neutral was easy to find (unlike some of the comments here). I like the way the bike sounds at low revs, but at high RPM with the stock exhaust there is much more intake sound than exhaust and I didn't quite like that sound.

The bike feels so "natural". I was immediately "at home" on it. I am pretty sure there is going to be a new RAT amongst you all soon! :chug:

Michael D.
Miami, FL

·
Registered
929 Posts
The bike feels so "natural". I was immediately "at home" on it. I am pretty sure there is going to be a new RAT amongst you all soon! :chug:

Michael D.
Miami, FL
thats what sold me in the first 5 minutes... the rest has been gravy ever since.

some people compare it to ABS on a car.... and says it will make you a shitter rider... that you will use it as a crutch. I have done some severely heavy braking tests in comparision to my riding style and it suits me just fine. I know I'm not as extreme as some of the fellas on this forum.

my ABS has not been used yet in a real world situation. not even in the +2 degree weather I ride in...
for me it just extra insurance for when I do need it.
do a search (left side column)on Sprint ST ABS and you should find what your looking for.

cheers and good luck on your purchase.

[ This message was edited by: bakwheeltango on 2007-03-12 17:34 ]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Its funny I was sold just reading the report from this site and coming off of a VFR I am sure I will love it. Oh and I just wanted to be a RAT.
Greg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to the insanity... I test rode one "for the hell of it" while looking for a gen 5 VFR... almost traded in my DL650 on the spot, awesome bike! Killer deals to be had on '06s... they're even advertising as so now! Good lick man :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts