Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kind of eyeing them up on Ebay. I like the 14" Oval canisters or the Tri-ovals. Anyone have a set? My stock cans are in decent shape but one had a dent in it.

I'm torn between doing something for the old girl. My SV has an Akrapovic on it and sounds wonderful. But of course, they don't make an Akrapovic for my Trophy and if they did it'd be horribly expensive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Been kind of eyeing them up on Ebay. I like the 14" Oval canisters or the Tri-ovals. Anyone have a set? My stock cans are in decent shape but one had a dent in it. View attachment 714613

I'm torn between doing something for the old girl. My SV has an Akrapovic on it and sounds wonderful. But of course, they don't make an Akrapovic for my Trophy and if they did it'd be horribly expensive.
i too was looking at those for my 97 1200, and accidently found a set of used staintunes. i had some in the past on my k75 and k100 bmws. the sound is hypnotic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i too was looking at those for my 97 1200, and accidently found a set of used staintunes. i had some in the past on my k75 and k100 bmws. the sound is hypnotic. View attachment 714802
Are those flushmounts on the front? My one front signal got broken so I have crappy cheap turn signals on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it`s any consolation, I had a carbon fiber one on my tiger that I once owned. It had a great sound and well made. Still looked great after a few years of use. I wouldn`t hesitate to buy again.
For me it's justifying the price for a 20+ year old motorcycle . Sure it'll make me happy but worth it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts