Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,438 Posts
I've never not changed the exhaust, or at least put a slip-on on any of my bikes, so I think I can imagine your struggle. ;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've never not changed the exhaust, or at least put a slip-on on any of my bikes, so I think I can imagine your struggle. ;)
Oh, the struggle is real, I assure you. haha

I always have to mess with stuff, and this one is killing me... I want it to sound good, but I am not willing to lose performance. I already gave up 45hp at the rear wheel by downgrading from the Aprilia to the Triumph... I don't want to lose any more, just to make it louder...

Performance comes first, then aesthetics and sound... I think that once someone gets the OEM basemap extracted from a new ECU and distributed for TuneECU, I can have my dealer strap it to the dyno and work his magic...

Luckily, this is the best sounding stock exhaust that I have ever owned...

·
Premium Member
8,438 Posts
Well, there's your problem right there; owning the Aprilia. ;) My 675R is the most capable and most potent bike I've ever owned. I am blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing from bigger, more powerful bikes.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, there's your problem right there; owning the Aprilia. ;) My 675R is the most capable and most potent bike I've ever owned. I am blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing from bigger, more powerful bikes.
Yeah, I got a bit spoiled on bigger bikes... Tuono V4 1100rr, Ducati 1198, Monster 1200S, FZ1, CBR10000rr, etc...

That said, this bike is brilliant, I am really enjoying it so far...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So I figured I would try this out. Has the same 51mm inlet, bit a bit longer of a muffler, smaller opening, and so I think I can get the deeper tone I am looking for without the raspiness. I think I can very easily mod this to mount up to the Delkevic link pipe... Will be here on Tuesday... Will do another reset and stuff and make a video...

0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
78 Posts
“MGOD is A company specializing in the modification of motorcycle parts
We are willing to provide high quality products for buyers, so that they can choose the cooler and more suitable components when modifying their own vehicles.”

Umm, ok...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
“MGOD is A company specializing in the modification of motorcycle parts
We are willing to provide high quality products for buyers, so that they can choose the cooler and more suitable components when modifying their own vehicles.”

Umm, ok...
It's a tube. With regards to mufflers, that's what you are buying. I got one for my daughter in law's Ninja and it was surprisingly good quality...

The first one I bought was far too short to really do any kind of sound absorption... That's why it was so loud and raspy... The longer can should give me a better tone.

It's basically a copy of the older Yoshi style cans we used 10 years ago... Triangular tube with a perforated core wrapped in fiberglass or steel wool... ANd frankly that's all it needs to be.

I am pretty confident that this will not only work, but look better than the first can I got...

As for their marketing pitch, I am not too concerned with the "Engrish" translation... I bought it based on what I saw, not their verbiage... haha

·
Premium Member
8,438 Posts
41 - 54 of 54 Posts