Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason when I twist the throttle to full, i get this weird delay before it actually goes. Say im in 2nd gear and Im going about 35mph, if I open the throttle i can feel a little bit of power then it drops and then right away it comes back and goes quick. I though I might have put some bad fuel in it. So when I fill up we'll see if it fixes it's self. I always use 91octain. Any ideas

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Thats exacty what mine did recently when i was running lean. You might wanna check for air leaks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not stock, i've got the TORs and injection removal kit. I had all parts installed at the local shop. They told me that they didnt have to rejet with the TORs. He did say they adjust that d shaped screw though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that in this modern day and age people have to tinker with things.Get your dealer or repair dude to put bike on dyno with gas analyser it will tell you EXACTLY what is happening and then if you are a bit handy with spanners undertake necessary repairs if not pay someone to do it because you are only guessing what is going on and can end up causing more problems. I dyno my bike every 10000km and funnily enough not much changes between tune up because I send the time to set it up right after any mods then dont touch anything and have not had any problems

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
The first thing I thought of when I read your description was the vacuum operated carb slides. I have never experienced them having any problems; however, they do open by vacuum--not by your throttle cable. If adjusting the pilot screws doesn't give good results, I think I would check the vacuum diaphragms if it were mine. How soon after the shop put the TOR's on did you notice this problem?

Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.