Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Nice looking gloves. Price appears good for what their site describes. I would call to verify water proof/resistant if that is a concern in your riding. They comment on how they work with heated grips as does the one review I read. May be a stupid question, but ensure insulation is sufficient for your temp range with or without heated grips as you may or not have them on your bike.

Deer skin is soooo nice. Give us a review if you get a pair.

Cheers.
BobW

[ This message was edited by: bobw3592 on 2006-12-03 05:29 ]

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a pair of the DeerSports (non-insulated), and love them.

One of the advantages of deerskin is the wide temperature range they work in (without insulation).

I have found them perfectly comfortable from 90's to the 40's. Actually warmer than a cheap pair of "insulated" gloves I have....

I don't ride much below 40 degrees, but that "phase change" insulation sounds good. I am tempted to buy pair myself....

I have a set of those temporary "velco wrap on" grip heaters that I use but the very tips of my thumbs still get painfully cold, so a little insulation that helped move the heat there would have to be a good thing. And temper the heat from the grips, as they get pretty hot.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I've been using a pair of Deersports PCi gloves year around for almost two years. (I got them directly from Lee Parks instead of Foxcreek. The price seems to be about the same in both cases.) I have used them in everything from 30F cold riding in Ohio, hot and humid Ohio summer riding, and really hot and dry riding in California. They are advertised to work well from 30-70F. They are comfortable well beyond 70F on the high side and are sorta OK on the low side. I don't have heated grips and if I ride fast for over about 1/2 hour in really cold temperatures, my hands get cold. However, I have added some glove liners and the combination really makes a good cold weather glove. I have some other winter gloves, but they aren't any warmer and they are so bulky I can't really feel the controls. Even with the liners, the Deersports aren't overly bulky.

[ This message was edited by: raproe on 2006-12-04 12:10 ]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. My wife has offered to pick up a set of these for me as Christmas gift and I think I will have to take her up on it. I have been off of the bike for a while due to knee surgery but keep hobbling out to the garage to start up the engine...

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rev It also makes a pair of gloves with Phase Change Material. My brother got the PCI gloves from Lee Parks and I got the Rev It gloves. We both love them. I ride in very cold weather in Maine and they are warm beyond their thickness. I have not tried them in very warm weather yet.

The Rev It gloves are less expensive.

Fred

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.