Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to follow other's advice and built my own carb synch manometer. I think it came out pretty good. It cost me more than four bucks, but it was still under twenty. I used red oak for the board that it's all mounted to and that alone was $8. I've already installed the BC Performance package and it seems to be running really smooth, but I know I should check to make sure the carbs are synchronized, so I thought, I'd try this method. I'll post back after I've used it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the night before last, I finally used the manometer to sync my carbs and it worked great. I used Marvel Mystery oil in case it got sucked out of the tubes into the engine so it wouldn't hurt anything. Might actually be good for it. :D It was out of sync....the right side was quite a bit higher than the left. Got it adjusted so that it read even on both sides, then switched the tubes and checked it again. Checked out OK. I didn't have time to take it out for a ride until today. Ran really well, no flat spots and no popping. Just a healthy sounding burble on deceleration. I never would have tried any of this on my own until I read here in the forums how easy it all really is. I feel a little more confident now on trying any other work that might need to be done later. :beerchug:

·
30,525 Posts
Well done, that is a very nice manometer you have made there, and they are a valuable tool to have around!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts