Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should keep this in my crash update thread but its getting kinda long now so I'm starting a new one for this specific question.

Since I'm painting the bike, which I can hardly wait to do cause the scheme you guys all helped out on is so beautiful, I'm gonna need new decals. I want to buy a triumph original set up that will go under the clear coat so they are protected. Wondering if the triumph replacements are designed to do that or if they are vinyl stickers.

When I redid my cannondale road bike cannondale only sold the vinyl stickers that were designed to go on after the paint was done. They stick on great but some have started to peel where there is a lot of contact with them, and the bike has a nice hoom in my apartment out of the elements. With the Triumph I fear they eventually will start to peel with it being outside in the elements more so and constantly touching them etc. I want them under the clear coat. What, if any, is your guys experience with them?

Also you wouldn't happen to know a model that used a black with gold outline logo off hand would you?

Trying to get all my ducks in a line before we start the painting process.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wondering if the triumph replacements are designed to do that or if they are vinyl stickers.

The genuine triumph are vinyl stickers - the same as the ones that go on over the clearcoat. The only difference is that they have cleared over the top. So, it's up to you when you apply, either before the clearcoat or after.

Also you wouldn't happen to know a model that used a black with gold outline logo off hand would you?

You should be able to get a local sign supplier to make a set any color you like if you can't get what you want from Triumph. Just look for someone who does pinstriping and graphics for cars.
Good luck.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Related Question

I don't mind surface mounted vinyl. I'd just like to a Triumph logo for my fairing since people can't see the top of the tank logo when passing.

Can someone recommend a favorite website/company where I can purchase these decals?

I've tried searching the forum and threads but it's hard to find a simple answer.

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I don't mind surface mounted vinyl. I'd just like to a Triumph logo for my fairing since people can't see the top of the tank logo when passing.

Can someone recommend a favorite website/company where I can purchase these decals?

I've tried searching the forum and threads but it's hard to find a simple answer.

thanks

Must be a Jersey thing. :D

After feverishly searching for all of 13 seconds, this comes up:

http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/94002-visible-triumph-decal-for-sprint.html

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That seemed quite mild considering what you coulda said OnD. lol

thanks guys, I know cannondale originally uses acetate based graphics, or at least thats what the lady on the phone said. Wasn't sure if triumph did the same. If there just vinyl then I don't need to use Triumph as a source cause they are outrageuos at $50 a pop.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
That alloutgraphics link is the ticket. They sell the whole kit for under 40 bucks and you get to choose your colors. That is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All out is probably the route I'm going. I emailed them to find out if I can clear over them, I think the triumph part is one solid color though. I know local sign shops can make me a 2 tone graphic so I'll shop around for that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Triumph logo

thanks
I had the Triumph logo digitised for my vinyl cutter when I resprayed my bike and I can send the computer disc to you if you wish - It's in DXF format to work with "SignLab" software

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
Rexx, there was a bird in the UK that was selling excellent Triumph graphics for my RS. It was the huge RS chrome sticker on the fairing.

It came out as a quarter of the price and the quality was as good as the original Triumph one.

It was a while back but might be worth the try. I'll PM you with the name and email and you can check her out!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts