Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Ive had all street bikes, and dirt bikes...
Currently ride a GSXR 1000, 05....and its fun, but she drives herself, and I feel like im missing out.
Want a KTM SuperDuke, but cant for obvious reasons...so Im debating on the Speed triple.
So for the current owners, do you regret your buy, or if you could take it back would you, or are you content, and happy?
Thanks Mike, just need some insight.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I am content. :cool: There's always the temptation that the grass is greener on the other side no matter what you have, but with the S3, all you have to do to cure that is to get out and ride it. For me, personally, I couldn't have bought a more perfect bike.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm with Goffe, it's an all round great bike. Besides if you get another brand/model you won't have anywhere near as much fun on its forums as this one.

Buy it and join in the fun (on the road and online). :-D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about the support network, have you had any issues that arose, and had to be dealt with by Triumph, or the dealership and how was the experience.
And your right, I usually dont ride with people except a few friends...but the community is nice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh also, what should I expect to pay for a new 07 out the door, notice the 06-07's range from 8.5-10k.
thanks again, mike

·
Registered
489 Posts
When i first got the bike I had a small nick on the tank where the seat rested against it. It was caused by a fastener on the underside of the seat being incorrectly fixed. I brought it to the dealers attention and he ordered a new tank and replaced it. You can't get better service than that.

As you will see there are a few threads on this site dedicated to the front brake issue on the 05/06 S3's. Triumph have just recently released a fix for this which a number of members are taking up. It took a while for that to happen but they’ve come to the party. An 07 S3 will fine and a top bike. Get the roulette green

Can't help with pricing as I'm in Aus and you guys get a better deal than us.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You'd be a [email protected] fool not to buy one. You like the GSXR, you like dirt, you like off beat brands like KTM's 950? You'd be an idiot not to buy an S3. It's the quinisential bike no good collector/rider can be without. It's got the power, where you need it, that all the other bikes wish they had.

Take one for a test ride, then come back and call me "fulla*****".

....I dare you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am a fairly new owner as well and love the Triple. I researched a ton of other bikes as a second rider until I finally decided to make the purchase.

The MSRP is $9999 most dealers want that plus freight ($400+) and PDI ($400 or so) and tax and tag. I managed to buy an '07 for $10,200 OTD at the dealer in Miami. Hopefully you will have the same type of deal.

Good Luck in your purchase and happy riding!!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have had everything from the first Kaw GPZ's to an HD wideglide. This bike wont do some things well, like two up touring. But for sheer, ear to ear, sh!t eatin grin ridin ya cant do better. I love this bike, best i ever owned. There may be some that are faster, but not many that are quicker. Ya wont see ten of them at a red light. It's hard to put a finger on exactly what it is about the S3, but i dont think you would regret it. My only regret is that i cant have two.

Like calitriple said, dont take our word for it, obviously we are biased. Go ride one, then come tell us what you think.

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2007-01-02 02:59, mikwon wrote:
oh also, what should I expect to pay for a new 07 out the door, notice the 06-07's range from 8.5-10k.
thanks again, mike
You're in NC so get yourself down to Chattanooga TN and buy one from Southern Powersports. You can't beat their price with a stick. I bought 2 from them last year. Enough said.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
why should you buy one? So you can hang out with all of us cool mofo's! :hammer: :-D Fer real though, I came from a 02 R1 to my speedy, and I wouldn't even think about going back. Speedy is here to stay. :-D And where are ya located in NC? I'm right outside of Winston-Salem.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Do it! Great fun bike-I am in love with the 3 cylinder engine-tuned properly it is a real kicka$$ torque motor. Real power for real riders! My son has a Sprint and I plan on getting a Tiger next year to complete the fleet! Great bikes!! I got mine in Chatttanooga too -great deal.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you're in the Charlotte area, we have a good dealer on Independence Blvd. in Matthews.
30K miles on my 2003 s3 and I love it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
On 2007-01-02 08:14, dr_gallup wrote:
On 2007-01-02 02:59, mikwon wrote:
thanks again, mike
You're in NC so get yourself down to Chattanooga TN and buy one from Southern Powersports. You can't beat their price with a stick. I bought 2 from them last year. Enough said.
+1

·
Registered
528 Posts
On 2007-01-02 01:56, mikwon wrote:
Well Ive had all street bikes, and dirt bikes...
Currently ride a GSXR 1000, 05....and its fun, but she drives herself, and I feel like im missing out.
Want a KTM SuperDuke, but cant for obvious reasons...so Im debating on the Speed triple.
So for the current owners, do you regret your buy, or if you could take it back would you, or are you content, and happy?
Thanks Mike, just need some insight.
I don't regret getting my sp3. Its been the best bike ever. I came from a 2001 yamaha r1 before I had the sp3.

One of the best things about these bikes is that they do not age like the sportbikes by kawasaki, suzuki and honda do. They remain more in style as more years pass.

Even older triumphs still look cool, and people still want them. But hardley anyone would like a gsxr750 from 2000.

It has character, and after riding my r1. It's nice to be on a bike that is a little different.

The only bad thing about triumphs is the service you get at triumph dealers. I have not had any good service yet. But if you have a good relationship with your shop you are golden.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well, as long as we're mass debating...

I've had mine almost a year now. It's the first showroom-new vehicle I've ever bought, and I fully expected some buyer's remorse. Hasn't happened. It's just a hoot to ride for any number of reasons.

I've had two Issues: a zip tie rubbed through the insulation on the wiring harness by the ignition switch and killed the bike. The dealer replaced the harness under warranty. And like a lot of folks here, I'm getting the brake upgrade, also free.

I think most of the people who have problems with "Triumph" are really having problems with dealers - and that's going to happen with any brand. Some dealers are helpful, others are jerks.

As for why anyone should consider buying one, well, one of the things that has always annoyed me about the sport bike thing in particular is that this year's ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE HOTTEST BIKE EVER IN THE WHOLE WIDE UNIVERSE!!! is next year's also-ran. Your '05 GSXR will be "blown away" by the '07. And that goes for just about any of the race-based bikes. They're designed and marketed with that turnover in mind.

This is why I like European bikes. The emphasis is on refinement and evolution rather than a two-year design cycle. The result is a well-rounded ride that lasts, not flavor-of-the-month that gets tossed for the next newest gizmo.

Refinement and evolution does not have to be boring or low-performance, though (this is what Harley hasn't figured out). The guys with earlier incarnations of the S3 grin just as wide as those who are riding around on new ones.

·
Registered
124 Posts
On 2007-01-02 11:17, PhilM wrote:
If you're in the Charlotte area, we have a good dealer on Independence Blvd. in Matthews.
30K miles on my 2003 s3 and I love it!
Yep, those guys are pretty good.
+1

·
Registered
480 Posts
I ride with a guy who has a gixxer 1000, & i leave him behind every time we go out riding. And every time we stop people always walk past his bike to get a better look at mine. The bike gets mad attention however many faster bike riders under estamate the power of it and I use it to beat them. Its fast when she needs to be but also coftable as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts