Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Planning on heading down to Deals Gap on May 1 till the may 4 and I am wondering if anyone else is planning on being there that weekend??

Too bad you cant go in june...the 14th through the 20th as I, needasprint,and rickyt will all be there that week. You should hold off and do it then with us :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Too bad you cant go in june...the 14th through the 20th as I, needasprint,and rickyt will all be there that week. You should hold off and do it then with us :)
Ricster,

Happy new year.

I was going to call you this weekend to see if you guys were going to do some rides somewhere.

I would love to join you guys as I really want to do the BlueRidge and the "Gap" at some point before I get much older (62 in May)

Right now have to wait and see when UNH is going to hold freshman registration in June. Usually it's a pretty busy month with not much chance for vacation time.

Last year only one weekend was free and i used that to run out to the Delaware Water Gap.

Gerry

·
Registered
322 Posts
Planning on heading down to Deals Gap on May 1 till the may 4 and I am wondering if anyone else is planning on being there that weekend??
Not that I can plan at the moment....have you ever been there?

There are two sites good for info if you havent seen them yet.

If I remember right, that time of the year is heavy for THP to be watching closely for speeders. And stay as far as you can to the right of your lane, seen many people get smushed by drivers coming from the opposite direction & crossing the double-yellow. Great stretch of road tho...good luck & have fun!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The brit raid looks fantastic...but unfortunatly that week does not work for me :(. Damn...if you could only do it a week earlier :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Look for two Pacific Blue(the fastest) and one Platinum Trophys together. That will be me, my brother and my nephew. We plan on being there.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Weird... I'm sure I missed a lot of threads in the time I've been too busy to read this forum, but I just happened to click on this one....

The outing I had planned for that weekend was just moved, & I just started planning a Dragon outing in its place. :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
105 Posts
Scott,

I can probably ride over for a visit while you're in the area. Give a heads up as the date approaches.

The LEO's were not as active in 'O8, but it's best to make a recon run before rippin' it up. Weekdays are usually not a problem and it's not crowded. Killboy may not be out to taking pictures on weekdays.

Mike O'Keefe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Drop me a email

Hey,

I only live a hour away from the Gap so drop me line when you are coming and I will try to come and if not some the others from the RAT group might drop in.

Eric

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hello Eric,

Highway 209 from Waynesville up to Hot Springs.............what a road............some of the best twisties, best scenery, and a beautiful roaring creek.........heaven on two wheels.

Mike O'Keefe

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'll try to shoot over there, when I can. working 10am-7pm now though. I used to get off at 1pm, and made for some fun weekday runs. definitely make a "recon run" for LEOs. but they mostly stay around parson's branch (long straight) , and the pull off before gravity cavity. Killboy has 3 photographers, so someone will be there during the week. I only get my pics from him. killboy's crew are the only ones that do anything for the road (chem-dry for oil spills, help with wrecks, etc.etc..) all the other photographers are just "vultures". but it's your money, you spend it how you see fit :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts