Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a semi-local to Deal's Gap. I'm there at least once a week, and every time I'm there, I meet ST3 guys.

So was any of you guys there today? I met one guy from New Jersey, and 2 I passed that were with 2 Goldwing guys?

Anyone here?

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
Not me. I was supposed to be going the second week in June with a bunch of other friends - the remnants of the former National SV650 rally - but instead will be recovering from hip replacement replacement surgery.

Yeah...it's the second time. The first one appears to have been more than slightly botched. :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Not nearly so sorry as I, but I appreciate the sentiment. Take a few runs for me, if you don't mind. You'll have to go really, really slow, though. ;)

*sigh* Happier days...

One of these days, I just may have to buy that photo...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is worth visiting at least once...... a year.

And BKK, I'll go extra slow for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i would like to visit one day. i live fairly close (knoxville) and have been itching to get out that way!

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
Fairly close? You're right there. Certainly not much farther than I was from Angeles Crest Highway when I lived in LA, and I was up there at least once a month.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fairly close? You're right there. Certainly not much farther than I was from Angeles Crest Highway when I lived in LA, and I was up there at least once a month.
no, more like an a hour away. still a little too far for me to justify riding.

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
That's about how far I was from ACH (LA is a pretty big place). Up early, get up there and slam some corners, have a stack a pancakes at Newcomb's and back home by early afternoon.

I'm not trying to twist your arm or anything, but being that close, it's hard to believe you don't go there frequently. I guess it's like all the New Yorkers who have never been to the Empire State Building.

:dunno

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 5 hours away and trying to gather a group of friends to go! My neighbor just left today with her CVMA people to ride Deal's Gap.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I plan on coming down from Lexington KY very soon with a couple other guys. My first trip! Will be staying the night. Will most likely leave on a mon or tue and stay till wed or thur to avoid all the weekend riders. The guy that wants me to go knows a bunch of other roads that are good as well and he seems to know everyone down there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts