Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live outside Wichita, Ks and I'm not having much luck with the dealer here. Does anyone have any experience with the dealer in Kansas City. I'm trying to get the Arrow low mount tune put on my 2007 speedy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was considering them as a possible purchase place since I live in Nebraska. Is there anything I need to know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about the dealer in Wichita not that I'm aware of. I just can't get them to put a tune on my bike. They're excuse is they don't have a tech qualified to do it. I'm not sure if they just don't want to do it or if they don't know how. Either way I'm looking for a different dealer for help.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Bought my Triumph S3 from Engel Motors in Kansas City. Can think of no one I would trust more with my bike for service or purchase of a new or used bike. They have been around selling Triumphs and BMW's since the 50's. My dad bought his first bike there when they first opened, and I can remember hanging around the place as a little kid. Lot of my memories are of Triumphs in the 60's and 70's at Engle's.
They have a loyal following of BMW and Triumph owners, because they treat you like family.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree that Engle Motors is a good dealer with knowledgable mechanics. They charged a reasonable price to do my 6K service and fix a sticky clutch under warranty. GIve 'em a try.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You should really go over to El Dorado Springs MO. Great bunch of people over there. Maybe even a little closer than KC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
+1 on Engle motors! They are a great bunch of people, and have always took good care of me. I have bought 2 bikes from them and will probably buy more in the future. Their service dept and parts dept are both really good.

Linkscoach, I had them load the Arrow 3-1 tune in my bike, can't remember what they charged. You will have to call for an appointment, they are usually pretty busy. If you tell them you are traveling a good distance to get to them, they might try and squeeze you in earlier. Good luck

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
El Dorado Springs is 4 times further than Engles for me. I called them when I was interested in buying a Speed Triple and they never return my call..............Snooze you loose.

·
Registered
402 Posts
El Dorado Springs is 4 times further than Engles for me. I called them when I was interested in buying a Speed Triple and they never return my call..............Snooze you loose.
Linkscoach is in Wichita.

Bought two bikes from El Dorado, payed less than MSRP for Speedy and have been treated very well there. Engle is a nice shop but it don't hurt to shop around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the help

:) Thanks for all the help

I think I will try out Engles in KC. El Dorado may be a little closer on paper but it's a straight shot to KC from my house. It's going to be a winter job so I'll load the bike up in the truck and haul it there. If it was a summer project it would be a lot more fun to ride to ElDorado than KC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts