Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bike (Daytona 600) into a Triumph dealer to have the blinker worked on. Turns out it needed a new flasher relay and some wiring in the front right blinker. When I left the dealership with my bike I noticed the check engine light was on. I have seen the light come on before whenever a relay was pulled or battery was diconnected and it has went away after two rides so I just thought that that was the case. I got home and parked it in the garage for the weekend. However, a couple of days later I went to start up my bike and turned the key, nothing. No lights or battery power at all. I checked the battery terminals to make sure that they were tight and I got nothing. I told the dealer and of course they are like "We wouldnt have taken a bike out to you with a check engine light on." im waiting for them to call me back. Any of you guys have any idea what may have happened?

·
Registered
146 Posts
have you tried trickle charging the battery? it may just need a recharge.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I would have turned around and taken it back to the dealer as soon as I saw the MIL tripped, as it is now your word against theirs. Sounds like a charging issue or the wiring loom is grounding out somewhere which is draining the battery. Have you checked the battery voltage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the reply - i have checked all the fuses yeah (5 next to battery, white one next to batt and the 4 at the front) and they are all ok. my alarm isnt getting any charge off the battery either, im charging up another battery i know works and ill try that one in case its a faulty battery, i had just put a new one in it reads 12.8v tho so im not holdin out too much hope on different batt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts