Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 Daytona 955i that has a good bit of road rash on the fairings. I have removed everything and want to change it into a Speed Triple. Has anyone out there done this? If so, any part suppliers besides the dealer?? Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just bought a 2000 daytona that the previous owner converted to a triple. He had to use the Triumph instrument cluster mount and mini-fairing, but used aftermarket headlights and turning indicators for a Buell. I mounted my own riser clamps and riser bar. Turned out pretty good. You can have the fun and looks of an S3 with the added power of the Daytona. Enjoy.

I buy my Triumph parts from Bikebandit.com since there isn't a local T dealer for me.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the same instrument cluster be used just with the S3 bracket? Do you have a pic's you could send me? thanks, Dayv.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I assume that the daytona instruments can work with the S3 mount. Bikebandit has the parts microfiche that you can look stuff up with. You could compare part numbers between the two. The previous owner didn't switch out any gauges since the mileage is all accurate. Look at my pics and see if that gives you any help. Wish I had more info to give you. All I know is that it can be done.

Here are the only pics I have right now. Hope they help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
On 2006-11-21 19:11, yellerduck wrote:
I just bought a 2001 Daytona 955i that has a good bit of road rash on the fairings. I have removed everything and want to change it into a Speed Triple. Has anyone out there done this? If so, any part suppliers besides the dealer?? Thanks.
A member here called Shiver has done this conversion only a couple of months ago. Send him a PM with your questions and I'm sure he'll be able to help you. You can read about it here: Project Speedtona and here: Update Pics

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xactoman, that is fine looking bike. Very well done. I hope I can make mine look half as good as yours. My gauges look exactly the same as yours.

John, thanks for the link. I emailed him, hopefully he can help me out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts