Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm finally getting around to installing my '02 daytona shock on my Legend.

Question for Cafetbird (or anyone else who has an idea) - where the heck did you find nylon bushings the right size for spacing out the 2mm difference between the 12mm top bracket and the 10mm bolt? I've got everything else bolted up, but filling that space has my stymied.

(BTW cafe-t, you PM inbox is full!)

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Crosstie, if you are talking about using a 10mm bolt in a 12mm hole, I suggest getting creative with a piece of copper tubing (3/8" might be close). You may have to drill out a short section and then chop off a thin "wafer" with a hack saw. Other than that, I could make you a set of aluminum or plastic ones, no problem.
Greg

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Greg,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried some nylon sleeves that were 1/2" OD, but they're just slightly too big for the 12mm hole. That's why I was wondering if Cafetbird had a line on some specialty bushing... 12mm OD isn't exactly a common size for Ace Hardware.

I suppose I could cut a thin vertical slice out of the nylon sleeves so that they'd pinch together and be slightly smaller... might give that a try. There's also one specialty screw & bolt place I'm going to call on Monday.

It did occur to me to hit you up for more spacers, but I thought I'd try to exhaust my other options first. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link Denny - hadn't seen that sight before. Most online places I've found want me to buy 1,000 of them... that will be a good option if I can't find it locally.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I preferred drilling the hole in orther to make it larger, so that it became 12mm, so I could use the Legend bolt.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I preferred drilling the hole in orther to make it larger, so that it became 12mm, so I could use the Legend bolt.
So you actually drilled out the top bearing in the Daytona shock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts