Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After browsing through the gallery of Street Triples, I saw that it is possible to mount a Daytona rear subframe and rear fairing to a Street 3. Following that thought, would it then be possible to fit a Jardine RT-1 CF slip on after doing such a mod? Also, would downloading a TOR tune, (Tuneboy) after said mod, be a good place to start? Has anybody done this already?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Generally...swapping to a Daytona rear subsection means also swapping to a Daytona exhaust. Of course the lowboy would work on both Daytona/Street. Swapping to a Daytona rear subsection is a VERY expensive and laborous project as you'll have to buy/swap rear subframe, rear cowl, seat, pass pegs, exhaust, relocate battery (often overlooked), etc. It does look cool!...but it's not done often due to the cost/effort required.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Ken! By lowboy, do you mean the Jardine? My main goal is to get a Jardine RT-1 to fit my Street3. Although, I really do like the Daytona tail!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree

Probably easier to turn a Daytona into a Street?
After doing a lot of research, I have reached the same conclusion. Picking up an '07 Daytona on Wednesday! Psyched! :D Let the mods begin!!!! Would it be politically incorrect to post pics of my finished naked 675 in the street triples gallery?

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Would it be politically incorrect to post pics of my finished naked 675 in the street triples gallery?
Not at all, provided that you don't cross-post basically the same material in both the Street and D675 forums. Should be an interesting experiment. I expect we'd all love to see the result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts