Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a cheap highmount exhaust from a daytona 955 on fleabay, wondering if this would fit and solve my dislike of the exhaust running through my tire hiding the SSSA.

I'm guessing I may need to either bend the pipe slightly to make it fit or get a new mid pipe. any one do this?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ken thats what I needed to know.

By the time I pay a shop to custom fit it I'll be just shy of the 2bros highpipe.

Are the jardines any good?

I know c-list often has different pipes on there so maybe I could find a cheap mid pipe that'd be able to mate the 2. I can't imagine the pipe itself is to different

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Thanks ken thats what I needed to know.

By the time I pay a shop to custom fit it I'll be just shy of the 2bros highpipe.

Are the jardines any good?

I know c-list often has different pipes on there so maybe I could find a cheap mid pipe that'd be able to mate the 2. I can't imagine the pipe itself is to different
As DEcosse says the pipe diameter is bigger on the Daytona so you would have to sleeve it down.

Sorry I do not know anything about Jardine cans but we have peeps here that have them.

DaveM:cool:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Staintune is very high quality kit, being locally made in Australia, they are quite popular here, it is a small business and I understand everything is handmade.

There are several members here who have had them on the 955's I am not so sure about 1050's though.

Like anything you will get what you pay for, but as I said Staintune is very high quality kit.

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have a Staintune on my RS, Very high quality, great sound, and a removable baffle for quieter moments.....not;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anybody tried to mount one of the short, low mount cans, like what Arrow offers for the 1050 Speed Triple? I love the way they sound and look on the Speedy!!! I know I have been looking at that idea.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
54mm diameter on the Daytona Tom ........
Sorry I meant an aftermarket 2bros or yoshi type of pipe not the daytona. I figure I could pick one up fairly cheap from a wrecked bike and install a mid pipe that'd fit. If the tube diameter is different that could pose a problem. I know a hack muffler shop that I wouldn't ever use to do a full exhaust; only to enlarge a pipe end. I think they may do it for pretty cheap. I'll have to do some more investigating.

Thanks for that link Ken, I'm about to call them hopefully they're open if not I'm emailing them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Staintune looks sweet but if I did the conversion correct and was looking at the correct price than its the same price as the 2bros which I like better. Not including shipping etc to get it from Australia to USA.
thanks though

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sorry , I feel like I`m banging the staintune drum ,but they have distributers in the U.S. and Canada. (Local Triumph dealer here.)
I have a freind who built his own under seat for his Daytona, but he had access to tubing bender, and spent alot of time bending and polishing stainless.

**And DaveM, I see Saintune has listing for a 2005 ST now.;)

http://www.exoticsportbike.com/triumph12.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts